2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
One Great Car!!
By Princessssct on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this brand new 2003 Legacy L Special Edition Sedan this past summer (I could not stomach one more repair on my Jetta). My search lead me to Subaru, I remember my dad had a subaru (banana yellow) wagon when i was kid and here in New England living on a hilltop we need the AWD and he always mention how good that car was! Dad was right, Subaru and my new CAR ROCK! It's fun to drive an unbeatable value compared to other 4 door sedans out there.I got the special edition which came loaded with all the accessories you could want CD, sunroof, alloy wheels, leather wrapped wheel and shifter and fog lights.

Supple Subaru
By dborsheim on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There is no harshness in the ride of this smallish car. The seats are great. My arthritic 57 year old back feels fine even after all day trips. I had looked at Accord, Camry, A4, etc before buying the SE and I like its distinctive appearance. Fit and finish are excellent, handling is fun and predictable, but the overall suppleness of its ride has really impressed me.

My fourth Subaru
By Vince Toman on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had this particular car long but it is my 4th Subaru and I know what to expect. So far, this vehicle has met all of my expectations of fit and finish and overall performance. I expect the winter driving experience to meet all of my expectations as well. I picked this car up on Tuesday and drove it 1200 miles to Ohio without a mechanical problem. There was some wind noise at speeds around 45 mph that I didn't expect and when I returned, I mentioned this to the dealer and they were able to correct that by adjusting the glass track and replacing a mirror gusset (?). It now has the quiet ride I anticipated.

SUPER VALUE & FUN, TOO
By LADriver on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Here in L.A., this car is uncommon, and that's a nice thing. GREAT handling on city streets & canyon roads, smooth and solid ride, quiet and comfortable in most situations. There's none of the vibration when idling you often feel in 4 cylinder cars. AWD gives it a heavy, solid feel. If you like the feel of AWD, don't miss out on Subaru. The '05 Legacy design is one to watch for!

What a Car!
By SubaruGal on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I could never have expected handling/ride quality PLUS all the other amenities from a car in this price range. The AWD by itself puts this vehicle a step ahead of the rest. Handling is GREAT in all types of weather, and it stops on a dime! The styling is sleek and sophisticated, and often draws a lot of attention since it doesn't look like every other car on the road. Bottom line - I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Quite Surprised!
By newcarluvr on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets looks galore when we are parked anywhere! We have the Special Edition L and it so far exceeds any expectations we could ever want in driving a new car! Handling on the highways in torrential downpours is enough to make you realize you can't do better with the handling of this car!

You may wish to consider other cars
By Brandon Schultz on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our Legacy 2.5 GT for 6 months. It handles better than any car I have ever owned. However, it has some design problems. When the clutch is cold, the car will vibrate excessively and now it has begun to make unusual whining noises. If you don't slam the doors, they don't close, and when the doors are slammed it starts to rattle. Sometimes you can push the remote 30 times and only the driver door will unlock although you hear a beep with each push. Other times, two beeps is enough. A little more hp would be better. You have to be He-Man to put it into reverse. Look at other brands before you buy this Subaru.

It Grips
By BargainBoy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nice price for a nice handling good looking modestmobile. I really like its awd handling in the rain and in the mountains and hills where I live. Not fancy not frilly but very functional and quite comfortable. I wouldn't mind a little more zip at the high end or a little better mpg but I've been very comfortable and satisfied with this car from Day 1.

You need a Subaru!
By Rhodes275 on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best car dollar for dollar!!

'03 Legacy L S.E.
By TZSUBIE on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say, my wife and I love this car! In shopping for her new car we didn’t even look at Subaru until I drove a WRX. I expected it to be fast and handle well, but it exceeded my expectations and surprised me with it's quality. That test drive led us to the Legacy, a more practical car for her. We commute almost 30 miles one way with an elevation change of 1000 feet on curvy two lane roads. This car is great on those roads, especially when it's wet! We bought it in Aug '01 and here in May we have over 18,000 totally trouble- free miles on it. I've even been thinking of buying another Subaru - an Impreza 2.5RS or perhaps a WRX - for ME