2003 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: '03 Legacy L S.E.

2003 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

'03 Legacy L S.E.

2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say, my wife and I love this car! In shopping for her new car we didnít even look at Subaru until I drove a WRX. I expected it to be fast and handle well, but it exceeded my expectations and surprised me with it's quality. That test drive led us to the Legacy, a more practical car for her. We commute almost 30 miles one way with an elevation change of 1000 feet on curvy two lane roads. This car is great on those roads, especially when it's wet! We bought it in Aug '01 and here in May we have over 18,000 totally trouble- free miles on it. I've even been thinking of buying another Subaru - an Impreza 2.5RS or perhaps a WRX - for ME

The AWD system, and the handling that goes with it. The auto trans does a good job of downshifting to the right gear while driving in the hills. All the nice features on the Special Edition car. How secure this car makes you feel. Nice bright head/fog lights.

Needs more power. Rear seat should fold down like the competition. The little coin holder should be spring-loaded so I don't have to listen to the coins flop back and forth while zooming through the switchbacks. Less road and wind noise, especially on roads with rough surfaces.