Used 2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

OK But Doesn't
By lukewarm

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We went the Suba-route once the repairs on our '90 Volvo 240DL wagon became prohibitive. Many if not most of our friends drive Subaru wagons (mainly outbacks) and LOVE them. Unfortunately, I don't. The Legacy is quite a low rider, and the interior design seems to hinder visibility and is a bit cramped. I'm not that tall (5'8") and I find the driver's seat a bit snug. The interior styling could be a touch more sophisticated at this price point. But on a positive note, it handles wonderfully in poor weather.

Favorite Features

Moon roofs, leather seats, defrost capablities,

Suggested Improvements

More interior seating space (rear), more height, better visibility -- really bad blind spots.

Love It
By LuvIt

2003 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for a year, and I love it. This is my first stick in 10 years and I now remember why I like them. Nice shifting, great handling car. Very comfortable for 9 hour drives. My first (and ongoing) impression is how smooth the car is. My biggest complaints are the peformance of the standard tires in the snow (goes straight great, sporting in the turns) and the lack of get up and go when the a/c is on. The flat four is a great engine; sounds funky and is the only truly smooth 4 out there.

Favorite Features

AWD, Seats/driving position, handling, ride, quiet, standard shift, lack of chrome!

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard styling, less shiny black plastic on the switches, replace the plood with something that looks sportier