2002 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: No Nonsense Performance & Prac

2002 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

No Nonsense Performance & Practicality
By jcgolfer on

2002 Subaru Legacy GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is exactly what I had hoped it would be. It is primarily a practical car with enough flair to make it fun and pleasurable to own and drive. The GT version handles well enough to have some sporting fun while the all-wheel drive allows you to drive relatively aggressively in the snow and ice. It is essentially a 12 month, 4-season GT car.

The all-wheel drive feature allows me to tool around briskly in foul weather. The GT package make handling on good roads really quite sufficient, I'm rarely able to make my tires squeal as I throw the car around curves. At the same time it's a good quiet touring car.

The interior is somewhat boring although practical. However I'm glad that Subaru didn't try to make it luxurious. "Luxury/performance" vehicle is an oxy-moron to me. The only other improvement I'd like to see is in the sound system. The sound from the radio and speakers seems cheap to me.