Fun car
By blueklister on
2002 Subaru Legacy L AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I didn't plan on buying another Subaru. We have an Outback, which was great for skiing and well put together. But I needed a new car and drove the Hondas, Toyotas, Golfs, Passats, etc. Great cars all, but no soul, no real road handling. Found myself back at the Subaru dealer test driving a Legacy sedan. Not the prettiest car -- but what a great road handling car! I guess its the AWD that gives it that great road feel. My only complaint after 22,000 miles is it is a bit jerky at low rpms. Incredible brakes, zippy when passing on quiet country roads and handles so incredibly well in the corners.
Favorite Features
Handles incredibly well, zippy enough that I have a big smile plastered to my face after passing, quiet, 29-30 mpg all the time, great visibility and a thermometer that tells me the outside temp.
Suggested Improvements
Better computer/throttle controls at low rpm. If "0" was your foot fully off the gas pedal and "10" all the way down, there is no "1" -- just a "0" or a "2". Hard to be smooth when that happens. I'm convinced it is something to do with the computer chip and nothing mechanical.