2002 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: 4th Subaru (better each time)

2002 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

L Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

4th Subaru (better each time)
By ShawanoJim on

2002 Subaru Legacy L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got a leftover '02 L-wagon for $600 under invoice w/3.9% financing. I love the car. Great seats and driving position. Wagon has lots of room for luggage/stroller and grocery bags. Everything is solid on the car. A well equipped vehicle for the L (base) model. Subaru’s are the most reliable vehicles I’ve ever owned (as good as my Acura Legend and Toyota X-cab 4x4 Pickup!). Very easy to service for the weekend mechanic. Truly Subaru's have best in class crash test ratings. Glad we had one when someone decided to cross a divided highway in front of my wife w/ her ‘95 Impreza. Have looked at crash ratings ever since!

Love the standard ABS (w/disks all around) and the excellent All-Wheel- Drive system The 5-speed shifts like a dream. Best in class crash test ratings!

Wish the window in hatch would open separately. Would prefer to be able to switch between the radio/cassette/CD player without having to eject the cassette or pause CD. Couple more inches of leg room for the rear seat.