2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Ain't None Better, for the money
By rcpowell on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I started with a '98 GT, graduated to a '02. I miss the hood scoop and the color white, but other than that, I like the car very much. The wife puts too many miles on it, but it goes and goes and still goes some more. The kids love it, the pep, the handling, etc. That took me some what by surprise, because it is a wagon. We are just another happy family with a Subaru to get around in.

4th Subaru (better each time)
By ShawanoJim on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got a leftover '02 L-wagon for $600 under invoice w/3.9% financing. I love the car. Great seats and driving position. Wagon has lots of room for luggage/stroller and grocery bags. Everything is solid on the car. A well equipped vehicle for the L (base) model. Subaru’s are the most reliable vehicles I’ve ever owned (as good as my Acura Legend and Toyota X-cab 4x4 Pickup!). Very easy to service for the weekend mechanic. Truly Subaru's have best in class crash test ratings. Glad we had one when someone decided to cross a divided highway in front of my wife w/ her ‘95 Impreza. Have looked at crash ratings ever since!

Incremental Improvements => Good Value
By redeft321 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have driven a 1996 Legacy Brighton 5 speed 120K miles, and just purchased a 2002 Legacy L wagon wi 5 speed. Subaru's strategy has been to make many improvements on a good base car instead of running wi short cycle of major reengineering and redesign. Like VW's strategy of the 60s and 70s, this has allowed Fuji Heavy Industries to spread major design and tooling costs over longer multiyear production runs. The benefits of this strategy, wi modest yen depreciation, reflected in value. Our 1996 Brighton cost us $15300 with self financing. 2002 L Wagon with the improvements and added standard equipment noted below cost us $18500 with 1.9 percent 24 month financing.

This car rocks
By paul D on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Listen Subaru rocks!!! I have a 95 wagon LS and i love it and i'm seriously considering buying another the only problem i have with them is their high price tag sure you get an awesome machine but it is a tad expensive when comparing to others like toyota matrix for example But don't get me wrong they have the best engine out of any car and their vehicals have guts

Great Value
By juice on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon L AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We just picked up our 2nd Subaru last week for only $17,827. For that price we got ABS, AWD, wagon bodystyle, AM/FM/cassette, A/C, cruise, keyless, power windows, power locks, power steering, power mirrors, and carpets. Nothing can match the features for the price. The car feels solid and smooth, and was delivered with zero flaws. It's roomy, quiet, comfortable, and was best in class in IIHS crash tests. It's fun and practical. Warranty is better than Honda. Materials better than average for the class, too.

What a Car!!!!
By Twa on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about it!!! What a value

From Outback to GT
By giddyap on 03/15/02 20:21 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Through no fault of its own, a bad rollover accident in my Outback put us into the buyers market again. (lost our Outback, but we walked away) Went looking for another Subie of course! Test drove the 2002 Outback, Forrester and finally the GT. Hands down it was the GT!! With my daily commute of 90 miles (1/3 of the trip on mountain roads) I was glad to switch. The GT handles hair-pin curves and tight situations beautifully. Don't test drive a GT if you don't want to own one.