Legacy GT
By TW24 on
2001 Subaru Legacy GT AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I tow my small 500lb sailboat with it. Pack all my sailing/camping gear in it, climbed some of the longest grades with weekend gear no problem. The breaks have been great, no warped discs at 65,000. Finally a car with adequate breaks. Engine has been bullet proof with synthetic oil every 5000 miles. Factory Tires have proven to be cost effective and reasonably durable considering the type and cost of the tire. Handling: There aren't very many 4-door sedans for less than $30,000 that claw through corners like the GT Legacy. MPG: Without a bike rack on top 32MPG per tank at 70-75mph. With bike rack, 28-30 MPG. With boat in tow 25-28 MPG.
Favorite Features
Handling in the curves A+ Gas milege A+ Bullet proof engine A++ Comfort A Comfort: Back seat never fails to impress passengers, front seats are pretty good. Factory Sound system 6Disc in dash is still a favorite thing for my music guru brother to play with.
Suggested Improvements
Could use slightly stiffer springs. A slight increase in ground clearance would be nice. Not much! Just a little.