2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Best of Every World
By Sandbox711 on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

I still smile every time I look at this car and drive it. I have had it for almost 2 years. Looks GREAT - Very sporty without going overboard. Not the fastest car around, but definitly does the job with style. Handles like a sports car. Very solid car (heavier and stronger than the previous legacy models (switched styles in 2000). I was rear ended by a 2002 Honda Accord going 30 mph while I was at a stop light...PAINT damage. That's it folks. New bumper and paint. Police took pictures because nobody would believe them if they told them. Buy this car, you wont be sorry. I still get stopped on the street and asked what kind of car I am driving.

great car for the $$$$$
By hates snow on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Lots of fun to drive .. tough on brakes and tires ... hugs the road like a more expensive sports car and is great in the snow!! It's my wife's car and she loves it. Although it's becoming a bit small for my 6'2" son and all his hockey / lacrosse / football gear. He thinks we should get a new car and give him this one. Such a dreamer, but it would be a great 1st car .. lots of safety features ... I'd buy it again!

No weaknesses
By alaskan loyalist on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

With a 5speed and taut handling it is very fun to drive. Fuel economy is decent considering ALL FOUR WHEELS are being driven ALL THE TIME. This is what pushes Subarus to the head of the pack in Alaska, and accounts for their well-deserved ubiquity. Standard ABS (unlike Honda and Toyota), another Alaskan-friendly feature that dramatically improves stopping performance on ice. Typically unassailable Japanese reliabiliy round out the package. AWD costs $10K more from VW/Audi, plus their reliability is the pits and you have to let the tranny shift for you (on the Passat 4motion)! I think not!

You'd be surprised...
By vtdriver on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

how many trips I had to make to the service department. Issues during the warranty period were numerous. 2 that linger are chatter when engaging the clutch in cold weather, and softness of the brake pedal, which improves if you come of the brake and then get back on it again. The dealer claims that these flaws do not exist. Legacy does a nice job cruising through the Vermont winter. Mileage isn't bad for all wheel drive. Were reliability better, I would gladly recommend it. Unlike my old Loyale, this is no longer a car that can rack up hundreds of thousands of miles without racking up a big maintenance bill.

good car
By merkaba on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

car good very good, go fast, not break down, like radio.

Lightweight
By Jim in Pgh on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

Our leased 2000 Subaru GT Ltd has been a brake and tire eater from the day it was driven off the lot. Couple an unforgiving lease contract supported by bad service and it's a recipe for a big consumer cost. We went through three sets of brakes and two sets of tires in <24,000 miles before our local reliable mechanic told us a front CV joint was about to fall apart.

Great Car for the Money
By Bostonian on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car for the price tag. Yes, it lacks some horsepower, yes it could have a little nicer interior, but for the money, this is a great car. Very nice handling, has plenty of pep for everday driving, passing, etc... Beautiful looking exterior, and the leather interior is definately top notch. I take frequent trips to northern vermont for skiing, and have not problems. Tears through snow, comfortable for lengthy drives, good sounds system, and just an overall safe car with airbags, etc...

subaru review
By Court on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

I love my subaru! I am a student at Appalachian State University, in Boone, North Carolina. I am an avid snow skiier and the all wheel drive traction offered by Subaru goes unsurpassed amongst it's competitors.

Do it all car
By MTfellow on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Good car, better priced than some; the Legacy upgrade in 2000 was excellent...a far better car than the 1999. Better engine appreciated, as it's still a bit underpowered, but zippy enough in sedan form. Interior exponentially better; gas mileage not good at all for this size car...I've never come close to their 'estimates.' AWD works great in snow, as touted, super all-weather car...in warm climates, a different car is probably better, just for the gas mileage alone. A ruggedly handsome car, does everything well...very versatile. Legacy sedan peppier and slicker than the Forester, but you give up some cargo room.