2000 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Excellent car thanks Subaru
By RODOLFO MANNELLA on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Nice car. I have a nice time driving it hard in all weather like rain or on sand. Never have any issues, thanks you. Nice handling at corners and stopping, power good top.

Good but
By stargazer on 02/19/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought the car for my wife. She really liked the style of the car. We just traded it in on something else. It had 146,000 miles on it. We had it a few days and the front speakers went out fixed under warranty then there was a problem with the front seat belts eats brakes like no tomorrow. Had to have the sunroof replaced because it leak into cabin and had to replace the timing belt twice. The engine is very sluggish needs a few extra hp. But I never left us beside the road and never left is stranded.

If want one, buy one
By Henry on 12/07/08 23:26 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought legacy with 60,000 miles on it and it now has 90,000. It still has the original clutch. I keep outside through Pennsylvania winters and it starts up perfectly in the cold. We actually tried to sell the car back after our mechanic told us the car had been in a bad accident. We never did, and to our surprise the car has gone 30,000 more miles with absolutely no minor or major problems and is still going. The only thing wrong with the car is the cd player never worked under my ownership and we had two purchase a new pop out cup holder for $60. Overall, I am very satisfied!

Fun to drive every day car
By Ryan on 04/24/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

The GT Limited is my 1st Subaru. I bought it new over 5 years ago, and I do not intend to get rid of it until I can't fix it any more. Several minor repairs over last year and a half--nothing major yet, but clutch is coming soon (note that it has been autocrossed hard enough to win, although only a few times). The dealership told me that the clutch/flywheel assembly they use for replacements is not the same as what came new with the car, so don't rule out that it could happen on a daily driver. This car drives wonderfully for an every day car. It handles very well in all conditions, but it is not very powerful. If you do not drive manual, look at peppier cars (6-cylinder or 2.5T Legacy?).

Great Car
By Ed B on 03/15/06 18:50 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Our second Legacy (the first one ran to 150,000 miles without a hitch). Good reliable car, enough pick-up (not a drag racer, though). The seats are comfortable and wear well. Car still looks good 6 years later. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

2000 Legacy GT Limited
By J. Meade on 08/05/05 07:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Quite a surprise for me to first drive this Subaru. I had a couple of older, less expensive Suby's in the past. This one truly is a sports sedan that ranks with the Mazda 6, Jetta, Altima, and Accord. With the AWD feature you're one notch above these cars in bad weather. This car is very smooth without being mushy. Quiet and comfortable interior.

2000 Limited GT Legacy
By Boogar on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my wifes car, but I love to drive it. For the longest time We had the only one in town. It has always been fun to drive it and has never let us down. I would recommend this car to everyone. Reliable, beautiful and truly a pleasure to drive. I can't say anything bad about this car.

Solid, Reliable and Fun
By Wig on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought the Legacy after comparing it to Audi Quatros and VW's. It equals the Audi and handles equally well for 2/3 the cost. Leather interior is the tops. Very comfortable for road trips and handles excellently in all weathers. I would take this car anywhere.

DON"T BY A SUBARU
By SUBARU HATER on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

This car handles amazingly in all types of weather. The AWD is amazing and the styling is unbelievable. Nobody can believe this car is a Subaru. BUT!! The reliability is horrible. I have gone through 2 head gaskets, numerous repairs, and now at 107,000 miles i need a new transmission. After paying $10,000 for maintnence since day one, we have kept the car running but something always goes wrong. DON"T BUY A LEGACY!

subarus rock
By christyanna on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 4th Subaru, my second Legacy. I bought it used (2000 in 2002). It took me awhile to find a used Legacy as people usually keep them for several years. It looks great, handles great, and is great getting up the hills to my home in the winter, as it snows alot where I live.