Used 2000 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Hope to NEVER own one ever again@
By lucymo

2000 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

at 6 years and 114K miles headgaskets failed despite the special sealant/conditioner that Subaru applied to the coolant. Had to replace them and the engine that warped due to overheating (the thermometer never showed signs of overheating). Then, the catalytic converter needed to be replaced, and a whole bunch of other expensive parts. For the money I spent on this car in the last 7 years I could have purchased a new car! The tranny is starting to go - won't shift into D (at 150K m). Since I already put so much money into it, I can't part with it, but it just keeps failing... Very unreliable. I do all scheduled maintenance on time. The only good thing about it is the wagon size - gigantic

trunk size

reliability

very pleased
By kc66

2000 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

bought this car over 2 years ago with 120,000 miles on it and already put over 70,000 miles in that time. Have had to replace both front cv axles and tie rods, and 1 bearing. So far I've been able to do all the work myself so in material I have only put $250.00 in it. Its been a very hard working car. The AWD is amazing and the flat 4 is very peppy. I get 25 to 29 mpg and I have driven it from northern virginia to southern florida and back with not 1 problem. I hope the car runs another 100,000 and I would buy another.

The awd is great and the 4-cyl is a great engine

The seats could be a little more comfortable

Excellent car thanks Subaru
By RODOLFO MANNELLA

2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Nice car. I have a nice time driving it hard in all weather like rain or on sand. Never have any issues, thanks you. Nice handling at corners and stopping, power good top.

the awd, it's the best, the brakes are good the engine is good

my car in particular its engage it's 2.0 a bit more power it's nice

Very reliable ride!
By Legacy Lover

2000 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this vehicle new in summer of 2000. It has proven to be a very well made and reliable car. The only glitch has been an engine knock sensor that malfunctioned at 70,000 miles and had to be replaced. This repair cost less than $125. Otherwise, I replaced the tires and performed scheduled maintenance. Feels like a sports car to drive! Goes great in snow and ice with all weather, siped tires, but this Sedan has lower ground clearance than the Outback, so 8" or more of snow can be difficult.

Reliability but fun to drive!

Wish it had higher ground clearance like the Outback. I would have purchased an Outback, but was tired of driving wagons.

Same clutch
By francois

2000 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan AWD

Hello, we have a Legacy L wagon bought new. It is still the original clutch! 80% is city driving. Comfort is bad, but I like this car. Super great on the snow, 160 hp is plenty, just have to use the shifter. We replaced: an injector, timing belt (maintenance) relay switch for fuel pump and torsion bar that broke on a dirt road. This is an incredible reliability record. However we will not buy another one because of not so good fuel mileage. My daughter will learn to drive with this car.

Engine. This is a car that required a little driving skill.

Better seats, please!