1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Great Car but Subaru Dealers SUCK!
By mila on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon Outback Limited 30th Anniversary 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought the Subaru wagon used in June 2002. Had a oil leak problem that has escalated to a severe problem. Under warranty, took to dealer to fix. Dealer mechanics are idiots! Customer service was horrible! They treated me like crap! But I still love my car.

Tough Car - Great Value
By Lefty in Philly on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon Outback Limited 30th Anniversary 4dr Wagon AWD

This is my 6th Subaru and my 3rd new one. This is an excellent car. Comfortable, reliable, great in all kinds of weather. I have over 52 K miles on this in 3 years with no problems. Dealership is always accomadating. The leather, heated seats are a nice upgrade. I see no reason to switch to any other car.

Subaru Legacy L Wagon 30th Anni. Edition
By tele7 on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car for the automatic trans., and have found it to be a great mid-size wagon that's fun to drive with loads of practicality.

Great Vehicle!
By Brandon E. on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

This car has been great! It takes all the great attributes of an SUV and melds it with both an economy car and a family car. We have lived in both snowy/icy climates and warm/hot climates, and it performs great. We have had no mechanical problems, and it is fun to drive. I highly recommend this vehicle.

1999 Subaru Legacy Outback
By Robert R. on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I love this car. It has been nothing but reliable. I've put 70,000 miles on it over the past 3+ years mostly driving around Texas and Alaska (two extremely harsh climates). It has experienced temperatures from 125 degrees to -55 degrees (F) and survived with flair. It handles off-road travel well and requires only regular servicing. The only thing I've had it in the shop for is a small part recall. My main complaint is that I didn't get one with more features: autostart and heated seats for cold weather, power seats, sunroof, and 5- speed tranny. Other than overpaying for mine (crooked, lying dealership + my own stupidity) I love it!!!

Good car for the money
By BJL on 03/14/02 16:02 PM (PST)

1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

Performance isn't bad, has some trouble with high speeds, engine struggles to accelerate when RPMS is above 4. But enough with the bad, the car has a decent sound system, is quite reliable, and gets you all the use an SUV would give you with much better gas mileage.