1999 Subaru Legacy Outback
By Robert R. on
1999 Subaru Legacy Outback 4dr Wagon AWD
I love this car. It has been nothing but reliable. I've put 70,000 miles on it over the past 3+ years mostly driving around Texas and Alaska (two extremely harsh climates). It has experienced temperatures from 125 degrees to -55 degrees (F) and survived with flair. It handles off-road travel well and requires only regular servicing. The only thing I've had it in the shop for is a small part recall. My main complaint is that I didn't get one with more features: autostart and heated seats for cold weather, power seats, sunroof, and 5- speed tranny. Other than overpaying for mine (crooked, lying dealership + my own stupidity) I love it!!!
Favorite Features
Love the CD/Cassette player in-dash. The weather band radio is a definite plus! Leather is easy to clean and the leg room is better than the average car (I'm 6'4"). It handles very well and I like the get-up-and-go of the H-4 engine.
Suggested Improvements
Window moudling sealant that doesn't leave sticky ooze behind. Make fog lights independent of headlights and more accessible for cleaning/replacement. Integrated in- dash CB Radio? Better rear view mirror with compass/outside temp gauge. In- dash interior temp gauge.