1998 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Perfect car? Maybe so!

1998 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Perfect car? Maybe so!
By fireemsdrew on

1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

Subaru Legacy Outback could possiable be THE prefect car, a mix of comfort, performance and reliability. Having owned this car for 5 years, we have been through many many things. Comfortably holds 5 adults and all luggage for a weeks vacation, 31 mpg. Now, this car does not have a lot of "get up and go" but that isn't what it is made for! I currently have 312,000 miles on it and drive it 50 miles a day to work. Also being a volunteer firefighter and emt this car holds all of my gear with a LOT of room to spare. Never left me stranded weather it is snowing in blizard conditions, or raining buckets. Also, as a hunter and fisher I have used this car to get to some of my favorite remote spots.

31 mpg highway, all-wheel drive, room for 5 adults. This truly is the prefect car. I must say the best feature is 312,000 miles and have only done regular maintance (brakes, tune-ups, tires ect) Anyone who is looking for a car i tell them Subaru. What more can you ask for? Good fuel economy, awd, room for people, fold flat rear seats gives amazing room for "stuff", comfortable on long trips. Also it being a wagon, having a little bigger "footprint" drving in bad weather, heavy rain/snow, high winds, it sits low enough to the ground not to walk, yet large enough to go in anything.

A little more power, while the 2.5 4cyl is not made for power, it would be nice to have just a little more. When needed to pass cars at highway speeds, it is a little slow to pick up. Parts can be a little pricey, luckily they hardly ever break down so it evens out in my mind.