1998 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: May have to get another one...

1998 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

May have to get another one...
By pizzaboy on

1998 Subaru Legacy GT 4dr Sedan AWD

...to keep me and my wife from fighting over who gets to drive it! We've had it three years and the only problem is a front main seal leak that appeared around 98K miles. It drops oil on the exhaust system and smokes badly at stoplights and after running. Handles solidly, yet it's nimble. I find myself looking for twisty roads, even if it makes my drive home a bit longer. Very distinctive; I've only seen a dozen and only one other the same color (dark green).

Cruise control paddle mounted on the steering wheel, allowing me all control with one finger without my hands even shifting position. Folding rear seats are flat enough for me to sleep with my legs in the trunk and head toward the front.

More range of motion in tilt wheel; cupholder somewhere (ANYWHERE!!) other than directly over the stereo. Cupholder is also kinda flimsy, as it's small and must slide & fold out of the dash.