1998 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Great Kid Car

1998 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Great Kid Car
By Bozenuts on

1998 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 4dr Wagon AWD

My parents got a new '05 Outback LTD, I had choice of driving the '02 Malibu i had for about a year or taking my Mom's old '98 Outback Ltd. I chose the Outback. I wanted the AWD and versitility of a station wagon. It's a great car for anyone. It has power when you really punch it, but not too much in normal driving. Handles well in ice. In the NW, had an ice strom yesterday. Coming around a corner before my turn and a truck coming the other way...SIDEWAYS. Handled well with ice, punching it and quick movement, only thing major was heavy idle, which dealer fixed. Rear hatch's hydrolic arms are loosing its umph, need to replace. Drivers seatbelt started to dethread, fixed.

Leather, heated seats, and stereo. The roof rack works great, wish it had the sunroofs. Love the heated mirrors, it actually works, as does the hood scoop. The mini snorkel is a great addition. There are some big puddles in the NW.

THE CUP HOLDERS. and it needs some more HP, anyone know of a fix for that?