1998 Subaru Legacy 2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great all around vehicle

1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Review

Great all around vehicle
By mcm on

1998 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car with 142k miles for $3700, it was a one owner in pretty good shape. This is the 5th Subaru that I have owned, just like all the others it has proved reliable, easy to work on, and excellent off road and in snowy climates. I live in SLC,UT and ski quite a bit at Alta, this winter they have recieved over 650" of snow. This car does great in the snow, especially with dedicated snow tires. While most other cars are creeping up the canyon, this car is totally stable on snowpack. I would recommend these cars for people who need the space of a larger SUV, but don't like driving the extra mass. With the 5 speed, power is never a problem.

Favorite Features

The reliability along with the way it corners on tight mountain roads makes this car hard to beat for the money.

Suggested Improvements

This car is 10 years old and still runs like new. The seats are a bit packed down now, but I will get some newer ones at the salvage yard from an Outback. Really nothing to complain about.