A wolf in sheep's clothing...
By Dutch Mafioso on
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 4dr Sedan AWD
Driving this car is a pure pleasure. It holds the road like flypaper and corners better than my buddy's Acura Integra GS-R. Acceleration is adequate, and I actually wouldn't want more power, as that would translate into worse gas mileage. The styling of this vehicle is just right for those who want a sedan with a little attitude, but who don't want to call unwanted attention (and thus, speeding tickets) to themselves. There is a generous trunk and comfort for four or five passengers. I feel incredibly comfortable driving this car!
Favorite Features
Aggressive yet subdued under the radar styling. Great AWD and decent clearance. Beautiful wheels, baseball style stitching on shift knob, comfortable steering wheel. The most comfortable driver's seat I have been in (minimal fatigue after 10-hour drive!).
Suggested Improvements
Headlamps have a foggy film and could have been sealed better. Engine needed partial reseal at 97K. Keyless entry not always reliable. Random wood accents on window switches inconsistent with image of vehicle. Idiotic cupholder design (blocks A/C and radio controls!).