Used 1998 Subaru Legacy Brighton Wagon Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

190,000 miles
By charlie

1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon Brighton 4dr Wagon AWD

This is a great car. I have 190,000 miles on it. It has fewer rattles than a 2004 Toyota Sienna LXE I bought new that I traded for another new car. I tow a utility trailer and small craft trailer with it. Breaks, tires and belts and a tune up at 100,000 miles, second timing belt at 175,000. Very few problems ever - dash lights burnt out had them replaced. Some engine noise before warm up. Unbeatable in snow and ice. We get a lot of both here in northwestern Connecticut. You sit a little low but that's acceptable. Perhaps next year I will get another. Hope to keep this past 200,000 for winter driving and towing. My daily driver is now a 2006 Honda Accord - sill like the Subaru better I think!

Good visibility. Unbeatable on icy roads. Very durable. Can tow 2,000 lbs or less. Has character. Fun on dirt roads. Great road hugging on wet and dry roads too. Super practical.

Slightly higher front seats and a little more padding. All in all pretty darn good as is thank you!