This takes the silver
By not impressed on
1997 Subaru Legacy GT 4dr Sedan AWD
After owning 21 cars now. This takes 2nd in worst cars I've owned. At 60k oil leaks. At 90k new head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, and recored radiator. Shortly after all new brakes. Followed by 4 new struts at 95k. Oh wait more...O2 sensor, MAF sensor, and transmission failing at 105k (still have yet to fix). Car stalls for no reason etc. From July of '04 to March of '05 I spent a little over $3,000 in repairs. And plenty more to come. I am really turned upside down on this car. I plan on eating it and trading it in for a Mustang. Whatever you do. Stay away from Subaru. They didn't have it back in 1978, and they still didn't in 1997. Ford, Toyota, or Honda for me
Favorite Features
Maybe the weak AWD system?? Which guzzles the gas. I am lucky to get 20mpg on a 4 cylinder. Or maybe it's the outragous price..I should have the status of a BMW owner with how over proud Subaru is. Seriously though, my favorite feature - at least the frameless windows don't leak!!!
Suggested Improvements
Who on earth puts cupholders in front of the vents??? Hello Subaru...can't we figure out a little coolant plumbing? Apparently headgaskets are now considered normal maintence? Since when? And sheesh, how about a little engine room. Dropped the engine to get gaskets replaced. I mean seriously, c'mon.