1997 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: A 'Go anywhere, do everything

1997 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Outback Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

A 'Go anywhere, do everything' vehicle
By Mr Fussy! on

1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

Owned my 97 Outback for 6 years now. A wonderful vehicle for doing just about everything (except racing). It's comfortable, loves to cruise (happiest at 75-80), handling predicatable and the quality remains. Great for hauling big stuff, groceries, building supplies, kids, pets and even towing a small trailer. I'd give up ALL my other cars before this one. Only big problem was an alternator that suddenly died. Out of warrantee, I got it fixed, but 1 month later Subaru writes about a voluntary recall for this problem. Sent Subaru of America my bill and received reimbursement 4 months later! I'll never be without a Subaru as long as I can still drive.

Ride, handling, reliability, mileage and unending ability to do just about anything and everything I want it to do! The lift tailgate is a wonderful roof when loading groceries a on rainy day, also.

Bigger engine (it's not a stop light burner), dual 8 way power seats, heated back seat.