Used 1997 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Worth it
By A_Westwood

1997 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car after I rolled my rear wheel drive truck in the snow. I wanted something that would hold the road and it has not disappointed. The car shifts rough into second gear, but it does have 170,000 miles. I just replaced the front axle and when I first got it had to replace the NOC sensor. Something like that. If I don't sell it, I think it'll make it to 220,000 or so before anything major needs to be done to it.

CD changer

The cupholder blocks both the radio and the air conditioning controls.

The amazing legacy
By karguy

1997 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

The car is so immensely reliable and so capable, it's very difficult to get left stranded with this car under nearly any circumstances!

The amazing awd. I can drive in conditions most people hide from.

More power. but that has already been dealt with.

A car that keeps on giving
By nikki

1997 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

I owned a 1997 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Edition until I recently got in an accident. This car had it all: leather interior, sunroof and a moonroof, front and rear spoiler, interior wood trim, tinted windows, keyless entry, fold down back seat to the trunk, fast, comfy, strong, easy to drive, safe, and definitely reliable. she was at 172,000 before I totalled her. I am sure she would have gone another 100,000 miles with no problems. If you are considering buying a Subaru, do it. I promise you will have no regrets and will be satisfied with your purchase.

Front and rear spoiler, sunroof and moonroof, AWD, fold down back seat, keyless entry, leather interior, body style.

After 10 years the headlights get a little cloudy and one might want to replace them for better illumination.

I love my car
By bas

1997 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car 7.5 years ago and I absolutely love it. I've never gotten stuck in the snow and it starts every time. I've never had any problems with this car. I have been taking it to the dealer for maintenance and they have done a great job taking care of my car. I'm looking at buying a new Subaru because of my Legacy GT and the dealership.

AWD, manual transmission.

1997 Legacy GT Loveland Co
By TCJ

1997 Subaru Legacy Sedan GT 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought new in may 1997; have had all service and maintenance done by dealership where bought. Never have had one problem of any kind with car. This is the most reliable car we have ever owned as well as being sharp looking and fun to drive.

Moonroof, 6 CD player, auto transmission with console shifter, all wheel drive, keyless entry w/alarm system, fold down rear seat, power of 4 cylinder, boxer engine.

None---awesome car.