Subaru Legacy LS AWD
By Brett on
1996 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan AWD
Subaru Legacy LS sedan with AWD - the best car I ever owned! It went almost everywhere my Jeep can go, and it rarely had any mechanical problems. When it did, it was very inexpensive and very easy to fix. My job requires a lot of driving and the Subaru did it all ... through the snow, the rain, all day and all night! I stayed on the road and watched everybody else go in the ditch. I even got rear-ended by a car-hauler 3 days ago. With over 175,000 miles on it now, the Subaru may have seen its final day, but I walked away from the accident, and my next car will probably be another Subaru.
Favorite Features
The AWD and overall handling. Driving on ice and snow was great! Just slow the speed down and watch out for everybody else. I always made it to work and wherever I needed to go. Also the car handled corners great. I could whip around corners and take exits ramps just like James Bond.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holder in mine popped out from the dash and was above the radio. If it was really hot out, the condensation from my drink would drip on the radio face, and onto the shifter. It was also pretty flimsy. Other than that ... nothing. Great Car!