Fantastic Daily Driver!
By n2vdubz on
1995 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon AWD
I was handed down my '95 Subaru Wagon from my father. The Suby' currently has 231,000 miles on the odometer at the moment and has been virtually problem free. Great in snow, just push the gas and it takes off with no tire slippage. My tranny thunks a little bit sometimes when it kicks into second gear, but with this many miles on the car, it's understandable. I keep up with its regularly scheduled oil changes, and have even gone over a few 1000 miles before. The Subaru continues to run smoothly and efficiently. Just had some maintenance work done to her in order to pass my state inspection. My mechanic said the car looks excellent underneath and I should hold onto it. I plan on it.
Favorite Features
AWD, power windows, power locks, headlights that turn off when I shut the car off, ample trunk space, plenty of passenger room, great ride height (especially in winter driving conditions). I can't say enough good things about this car.
Suggested Improvements
Placement of cup holder blocks stereo when pulled out and gets in the way. Gas mileage isn't always great, but is acceptable. Other than that, it's great.