1995 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Stable Workhorse in Snowy country
By hampsters on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Brighton 4dr Wagon AWD

We bought this used with 95000 miles from a dealer in 1999 for $6500, we have had the car for 5 years now, and the only work we have had done is brakes, spark plugs, and belts. The car has 160,000 miles and runs great, no problem with the a/c, we drove in 12 inch snow during a bad snowstorm and it had no problem, passing up more expensive and prettier cars. Great Reliability. For snow country this is a wonderful machine.

Darn great car - Original owner
By Subaru2k on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

My Subaru LSi has 200,000 miles on it and I have had no trouble to speak of at all. I have had regular oil, transmission, and gearbox fluid maintenance. The only parts that have been replaced is the starter (very easy to get at) and the alternator (replaced free by dealer due to recall-original worked fine). I have had 5 other second cars in the same timeframe and none compared to overall satisfaction. It's the little car that could and DID!!

Keeps on Goin...
By Greg Schmid on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan AWD

It is a great car. I have 200,500 miles on it and it runs like brand new with some preventative maintenance. It did seem to loose some pep after about 150,000 miles, but with a good tune up, the car was fine. The car has survived through a bunch of tough winters in New York and as long as good tires are on it, it is great in the snow! There is nothing like the look on someones face when you drive by while they are digging their Ford Explorer out of a ditch in a snow storm! The body has held up great with no rust present at all. Proper maintenance is important and should let this car last for years to come!

No Worries...
By Buru on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

This is an awesome car. Confidence driving in any weather. Incredibly reliable.... point and go in any weather. I've had this car for almost 9 years and can't tell you how many times accidents were avoided because my car would hold the road and maneuver when others could not. If you take care of this car, change the oil regularly and mind the maintenance, it'll reward you well for many-many years and miles. All members of my family own at least one Subaru (no dealers, just happy customers). There aren't many products on the market (even beyond cars) that I can speak as confidently about than with Subaru.

Good for all seasons
By Older traveler on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I've driven it for 75000 miles over the last seven years with comfort and confidence. We've taken two circular tours of the US and Canada, often hauling a full load of camping equip. What snow or heavy rains we've met we've driven through and over without pause. I hate to think of selling it but the rumors about the 2005 Legacy are tempting.

I LOVE MY SUBY!!!
By tatebowski on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon AWD

I'm not big into cars, but my Subaru gives me great gas mileage, its very comfortable, and very safe. Its fun to take the all wheel drive and go flying around sand dunes or off road too.

fet
By fet on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon AWD

very comfortable to drive reliable and low maintenance

Most trouble free car!
By dave s on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan AWD

I've been driving this car for 7 year and have spent nothing on repairs. The alternator was replaced on a recall and the knock sensor under warranty. Oil change is a breeze. Filter and drain plug can be reached without jacking. Good handling, a little weak on pickup. Good in snow unless it's deep (15" plus)tends to pack under the body.

Simply no better AWD on the market
By Smittie on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

Owned since new. Absolutely no issue at all with about 150,000 miles. Solid, reliable and simply the best AWD system available, period. No leaks, no rattles and never a breakdown or problem at all. If anyone tells you Subaru has problems they probably do not perform routine care. We have owned Subaru since the late 70's and will buy again. living in Northern New England, there is no mroe reliable care than a Subaru for all seasons.

Not a bad buy
By JONNYWELE on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

Well, this isnt my car. Its my dads and so far the whole family is impressed with it. I am 15 years old and this car is great for learning how to drive. The car came with ABS, AWD, Dual Air Bags, and more. It drives well but it is a bit harsh on bumbs. It is very fun to drive too. It is fast compared to other station wagons in its size and it is not that big. This car also saved my life. My family was involved in a car accient and nobody got hurt. The damage wasnt that bad and so we got it repaired and my dad is still driving it