1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Expensive fixes!
By Ryan on 06/24/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon Brighton 4dr Wagon AWD

It is a great car, but stay away from anything from the mid-west or north-east. The fuel filler neck will rot away, the tank will leak (which requires the disassembly of the whole back end to remove and replace) Stay away from automatics not reliable . The doors will rot away with the brake lines. The exhaust system is among the most costly to replace of any mass-produced vehicle(2 catalytic converters a mid-pipe resonator, and an expensive muffler. Seals and timing belt, etc. is a must after 100,000. Stay away from the 2.5 unless it already had the head gasket replaced.Th The 2.2 is the champ. I have put over $4000 in this vehicle since i bought it last year. Not an economy fix

Stable Workhorse in Snowy country
By hampsters on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon Brighton 4dr Wagon AWD

We bought this used with 95000 miles from a dealer in 1999 for $6500, we have had the car for 5 years now, and the only work we have had done is brakes, spark plugs, and belts. The car has 160,000 miles and runs great, no problem with the a/c, we drove in 12 inch snow during a bad snowstorm and it had no problem, passing up more expensive and prettier cars. Great Reliability. For snow country this is a wonderful machine.

College Vehicle
By lordjustice on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon Brighton 4dr Wagon AWD

I'm a poor college student, so this was a great choice of car for me. It was very affordable, and I know I can rely on it to last until I'm done with college. It's roomy, gets good mileage, and with teh five speed transmission it's fun to drive. The additional cargo room is a huge plus when moving back and forth between home and school. The exterior looks great, so even though I'm driving a station wagon, it doesn't cramp my style.