Used 1995 Subaru Legacy LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Subaru Country
By jayb10

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought my 95 LS AWD wagon in 2007 w/ 117K. Needed a cheap car that I could carry liability only due to a DUI. This little beauty was a trade-in that I got off the back lot before it was detailed and pumped through the $$ machine they call the service department. I live in Central Oregon (Bend) home of the oldest Subaru dealer in the West (they say) Lot's of snow and mountains. I now have 189K on this 'temporary' car, 7 years later. Every so often I change the oil. Replaced alternator, battery, starter and a few light bulbs over the years. A bread truck backed into me and I now have a free car after getting a check for the damage that 'gives it character'. I do have a nice ML320, but

Realibilty

cup holder is a laugh.

Deathwagon
By pinkspider

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I called my Subaru a Deathwagon for a GOOD reason- It could handle ANYTHING I put it through. I drove my ninja to the ground (rarely did repairs & oil) and he still kept going strong. The only thing that stopped him was being T-boned, which bent the frame, and insurance totaled him out. His body died at 18 years old, but the engine (about 185,000) is going strong in another Subie :) I drove 40mph in HARSH Utah ice &snow storms. While every other car was pulling over, my Subaru handled every slip and slide with grace. I can't explain what this fantastic vehicle and I went through, as I am a very aggressive driver- car chases, sidewalks, fields, bicyclists, long road trips, barriers, etc.

Never died. It sat for 2 years in a drive way, one day I threw in some new gas and it started right up! Even when it was T-boned and smoking, he kept driving. I'd run into a steel beam and he would keep going. Drove over railroad tiles/barriers and he kept going. Check engine light was on for 2 years straight, he still kept going! I could ALWAYS depend on this car. I'm a female in my 20's, I know nothing of cars and never fix anything on them- we were the best combo!

I'm sure everything is taken care of in the newer Subaru. I will always go after a Subaru when purchasing vehicles again.

Oldie but goodie
By katie2012

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

My boyfriend bought me a 1995 Subaru LS AWD Sedan. I was scared at first because it's an old car (about as old as I am) but it is amazing. It has prooven me wrong! It's great in the winter (especially needed in CNY)!

I have automatic start which is always a plus in the winter, and I love the AWD. Winters where I live can get pretty bad and I know this car won't let me down. It's perfect for a first car!

The ABS light is on, which I read is a problem with these cars. Have to get it looked at!

Wonderful Car
By dpberry

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought the car new and 12 year later it's still going strong with 212,000 miles. I kept up oil changes and all scheduled maintenance. Very reliable and can go anywhere. It's just started to have some problems - the ABS light is on and needs sensors replaced. I'm currently in the process of buying a used Subaru Forester with 90,000. I love Subaru reliability and can say with confidence that I will also have one.

Control and ability to go in bad weather. I live on a steep hill. Lots of 4 wheel drive trucks can't get up the hill when it's snowy and icy. My Subaru has never failed to get me home.

None

Rock Solid
By RU

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

One of the best cars I have owned. Quite, reliable and safe. Bought this 10 year old car and took it on real long drives (~900 miles a day!). The car just starts and runs. Did not spend a dime on anything other oil changes. Decent fuel economy (20/27 city/hwy), stiff handling, good music system. Needs more power and of course better styling. But nothing really bad.

AWD, reliability, sound system.

Better positioning of cup holder, more power, little better mileage, better styling.