1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Subaru Country
By jayb10 on 10/18/14 20:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought my 95 LS AWD wagon in 2007 w/ 117K. Needed a cheap car that I could carry liability only due to a DUI. This little beauty was a trade-in that I got off the back lot before it was detailed and pumped through the $$ machine they call the service department. I live in Central Oregon (Bend) home of the oldest Subaru dealer in the West (they say) Lot's of snow and mountains. I now have 189K on this 'temporary' car, 7 years later. Every so often I change the oil. Replaced alternator, battery, starter and a few light bulbs over the years. A bread truck backed into me and I now have a free car after getting a check for the damage that 'gives it character'. I do have a nice ML320, but

Deathwagon
By pinkspider on 09/27/13 17:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I called my Subaru a Deathwagon for a GOOD reason- It could handle ANYTHING I put it through. I drove my ninja to the ground (rarely did repairs & oil) and he still kept going strong. The only thing that stopped him was being T-boned, which bent the frame, and insurance totaled him out. His body died at 18 years old, but the engine (about 185,000) is going strong in another Subie :) I drove 40mph in HARSH Utah ice &snow storms. While every other car was pulling over, my Subaru handled every slip and slide with grace. I can't explain what this fantastic vehicle and I went through, as I am a very aggressive driver- car chases, sidewalks, fields, bicyclists, long road trips, barriers, etc.

Oldie but goodie
By katie2012 on 11/20/12 10:14 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

My boyfriend bought me a 1995 Subaru LS AWD Sedan. I was scared at first because it's an old car (about as old as I am) but it is amazing. It has prooven me wrong! It's great in the winter (especially needed in CNY)!

Wonderful Car
By dpberry on 05/18/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought the car new and 12 year later it's still going strong with 212,000 miles. I kept up oil changes and all scheduled maintenance. Very reliable and can go anywhere. It's just started to have some problems - the ABS light is on and needs sensors replaced. I'm currently in the process of buying a used Subaru Forester with 90,000. I love Subaru reliability and can say with confidence that I will also have one.

Rock Solid
By RU on 01/07/07 16:20 PM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

One of the best cars I have owned. Quite, reliable and safe. Bought this 10 year old car and took it on real long drives (~900 miles a day!). The car just starts and runs. Did not spend a dime on anything other oil changes. Decent fuel economy (20/27 city/hwy), stiff handling, good music system. Needs more power and of course better styling. But nothing really bad.

It really can go anywhere!
By K-DOG on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I have taken my legacy to some strange places... the track, the woods, and on REALLY long road trips. Plus I commute 43 miles each way to work. Spending so much time in this thing has always been a pleasure.

Pretty good for the miles
By Tahoe on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

My car has almost 170K miles on it and still runs like a champ. It handles like a sports car. The All Wheel Drive is unmatched, this car STICKS to the snowy/icy Tahoe roads, it doesn't slide, even if you try. There were a few issues over the years, like a bad oil leak, broken axel, and bearing problems, but considering the wear and tear that a car with this many miles gets, not to mention the horible road conditions (pot holes) in Tahoe, it has done pretty well. I will continue to buy Subarus.