Used 1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Good Little Car
By Patti

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought at 98k miles, sold at 125k. This car had an oil leak when I bought it, a pretty impressive one where the fumes made me nauseous. After I got that fixed (oil pump resealed), and put on new struts and windshield, it was a good little car. In typical Subaru fashion, I could take it anywhere, do anything in winter. It would go through snow up past the bumper like a little submarine, and cling to the road like a booger. This was the only car I've had that, on a blizzardy day, traffic would be going nowhere near fast enough for me, and I'd be that guy over in the snowy lane, driving the speed limit on two or three inches of powder. The reason I sold this car was it seemed like it was developing some weird AWD issues. On turning the wheel to the max, it experienced that AWD hesitation/shimmy, but also occasionally it would do this ultra-weird pronounced lurching. No idea what that was, let the next guy figure it out (yes, I told him).

Subaru Country
By jayb10

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought my 95 LS AWD wagon in 2007 w/ 117K. Needed a cheap car that I could carry liability only due to a DUI. This little beauty was a trade-in that I got off the back lot before it was detailed and pumped through the $$ machine they call the service department. I live in Central Oregon (Bend) home of the oldest Subaru dealer in the West (they say) Lot's of snow and mountains. I now have 189K on this 'temporary' car, 7 years later. Every so often I change the oil. Replaced alternator, battery, starter and a few light bulbs over the years. A bread truck backed into me and I now have a free car after getting a check for the damage that 'gives it character'. I do have a nice ML320, but

Realibilty

cup holder is a laugh.

Deathwagon
By pinkspider

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I called my Subaru a Deathwagon for a GOOD reason- It could handle ANYTHING I put it through. I drove my ninja to the ground (rarely did repairs & oil) and he still kept going strong. The only thing that stopped him was being T-boned, which bent the frame, and insurance totaled him out.
His body died at 18 years old, but the engine (about 185,000) is going strong in another Subie :)
I drove 40mph in HARSH Utah ice &snow storms. While every other car was pulling over, my Subaru handled every slip and slide with grace. I can't explain what this fantastic vehicle and I went through, as I am a very aggressive driver- car chases, sidewalks, fields, bicyclists, long road trips, barriers, etc.

Never died. It sat for 2 years in a drive way, one day I threw in some new gas and it started right up! Even when it was T-boned and smoking, he kept driving. I'd run into a steel beam and he would keep going. Drove over railroad tiles/barriers and he kept going. Check engine light was on for 2 years straight, he still kept going! I could ALWAYS depend on this car. I'm a female in my 20's, I know nothing of cars and never fix anything on them- we were the best combo!

I'm sure everything is taken care of in the newer Subaru. I will always go after a Subaru when purchasing vehicles again.

Oldie but goodie
By katie2012

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

My boyfriend bought me a 1995 Subaru LS AWD Sedan. I was scared at first because it's an old car (about as old as I am) but it is amazing. It has prooven me wrong! It's great in the winter (especially needed in CNY)!

I have automatic start which is always a plus in the winter, and I love the AWD. Winters where I live can get pretty bad and I know this car won't let me down. It's perfect for a first car!

The ABS light is on, which I read is a problem with these cars. Have to get it looked at!

Reliable, But Not Very Sharp
By Anonymous

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Subaru in April, 2009. It's very reliable and I am able to get anywhere I want, when I want. It drives great in the snow. It's built very solid, which most cars these days are not. I would recommend this car to any new drivers. It is a really tough car!

AWD, Reliability, Handling, Durability.

More power to the engine, comfortability, and don't place the cup holder right in front of the radio!