Used 1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Subaru Country
By jayb10

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought my 95 LS AWD wagon in 2007 w/ 117K. Needed a cheap car that I could carry liability only due to a DUI. This little beauty was a trade-in that I got off the back lot before it was detailed and pumped through the $$ machine they call the service department. I live in Central Oregon (Bend) home of the oldest Subaru dealer in the West (they say) Lot's of snow and mountains. I now have 189K on this 'temporary' car, 7 years later. Every so often I change the oil. Replaced alternator, battery, starter and a few light bulbs over the years. A bread truck backed into me and I now have a free car after getting a check for the damage that 'gives it character'. I do have a nice ML320, but

Favorite Features

Realibilty

Suggested Improvements

cup holder is a laugh.

Deathwagon
By pinkspider

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I called my Subaru a Deathwagon for a GOOD reason- It could handle ANYTHING I put it through. I drove my ninja to the ground (rarely did repairs & oil) and he still kept going strong. The only thing that stopped him was being T-boned, which bent the frame, and insurance totaled him out. His body died at 18 years old, but the engine (about 185,000) is going strong in another Subie :) I drove 40mph in HARSH Utah ice &snow storms. While every other car was pulling over, my Subaru handled every slip and slide with grace. I can't explain what this fantastic vehicle and I went through, as I am a very aggressive driver- car chases, sidewalks, fields, bicyclists, long road trips, barriers, etc.

Favorite Features

Never died. It sat for 2 years in a drive way, one day I threw in some new gas and it started right up! Even when it was T-boned and smoking, he kept driving. I'd run into a steel beam and he would keep going. Drove over railroad tiles/barriers and he kept going. Check engine light was on for 2 years straight, he still kept going! I could ALWAYS depend on this car. I'm a female in my 20's, I know nothing of cars and never fix anything on them- we were the best combo!

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure everything is taken care of in the newer Subaru. I will always go after a Subaru when purchasing vehicles again.

Oldie but goodie
By katie2012

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

My boyfriend bought me a 1995 Subaru LS AWD Sedan. I was scared at first because it's an old car (about as old as I am) but it is amazing. It has prooven me wrong! It's great in the winter (especially needed in CNY)!

Favorite Features

I have automatic start which is always a plus in the winter, and I love the AWD. Winters where I live can get pretty bad and I know this car won't let me down. It's perfect for a first car!

Suggested Improvements

The ABS light is on, which I read is a problem with these cars. Have to get it looked at!

Reliable, But Not Very Sharp
By Anonymous

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Subaru in April, 2009. It's very reliable and I am able to get anywhere I want, when I want. It drives great in the snow. It's built very solid, which most cars these days are not. I would recommend this car to any new drivers. It is a really tough car!

Favorite Features

AWD, Reliability, Handling, Durability.

Suggested Improvements

More power to the engine, comfortability, and don't place the cup holder right in front of the radio!

300,000 miles and still going
By cavenut

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Well it hit 300,000 miles this year. I converted it to Mobil one full synthetic extended mileage oil from day one. Auto transmission stopped backing up at 250,000 replaced with junk yard transmission which has a strange noise in it, but has held together for the last 80,000 miles. These cars are indestructible. They just rust away. Side note, I drove a 1988 to 480,000 miles, finally rusted in two and couldn't get it through a wv state inspection, or I would still be driving it the 2.2 L engines are the gest Subaru ever made. Bill

Favorite Features

tows my boat

Suggested Improvements

would love to see an on demand 4wd with differential lock like the 88 model had