1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Deathwagon
By pinkspider on 09/27/13 17:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I called my Subaru a Deathwagon for a GOOD reason- It could handle ANYTHING I put it through. I drove my ninja to the ground (rarely did repairs & oil) and he still kept going strong. The only thing that stopped him was being T-boned, which bent the frame, and insurance totaled him out. His body died at 18 years old, but the engine (about 185,000) is going strong in another Subie :) I drove 40mph in HARSH Utah ice &snow storms. While every other car was pulling over, my Subaru handled every slip and slide with grace. I can't explain what this fantastic vehicle and I went through, as I am a very aggressive driver- car chases, sidewalks, fields, bicyclists, long road trips, barriers, etc.

Oldie but goodie
By katie2012 on 11/20/12 10:14 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

My boyfriend bought me a 1995 Subaru LS AWD Sedan. I was scared at first because it's an old car (about as old as I am) but it is amazing. It has prooven me wrong! It's great in the winter (especially needed in CNY)!

Reliable, But Not Very Sharp
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Subaru in April, 2009. It's very reliable and I am able to get anywhere I want, when I want. It drives great in the snow. It's built very solid, which most cars these days are not. I would recommend this car to any new drivers. It is a really tough car!

300,000 miles and still going
By cavenut on 09/03/10 03:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Well it hit 300,000 miles this year. I converted it to Mobil one full synthetic extended mileage oil from day one. Auto transmission stopped backing up at 250,000 replaced with junk yard transmission which has a strange noise in it, but has held together for the last 80,000 miles. These cars are indestructible. They just rust away. Side note, I drove a 1988 to 480,000 miles, finally rusted in two and couldn't get it through a wv state inspection, or I would still be driving it the 2.2 L engines are the gest Subaru ever made. Bill

My first car
By abbott911 on 10/30/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in May of this year and I already love it. I figured I would end up regretting it when all my friends have trucks and they went out into the wood wheeling, but I don't because I can get that car places they cant get their trucks. And the shame in their faces when my Subaru has to pull there Chevy 1500 with a 383 stroker out of a ditch is the best thing ever. This car surprises me everyday with the things it will do. This is the fastest quickest best sounding simple stock 4cyl I have seen. The only things I have done to it are eliminate one of the cats and put a glass pack on it to give it that Subaru boxer sound. The awd is amazing, I lovethis car.

One Awesome Car!
By Jeremyfromtheboonies on 10/25/09 08:55 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Subaru back in April with near 140k on it. I was very skeptical about this, but then I started to look at these reviews and realized that these are one of the best cars out there! It has never given me trouble and now it has 148k miles on it. Very happy with this car, would most definitely buy another.

Nice Car All In All
By Dan on 06/20/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Really nice car. Handles great. Plowed through 4 feet of snow like nothing. Well built and easy to work on. The awd is better than other subaru's I have driven.

Subaru 1995 legacy
By DSP on 10/28/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car for 2400 bucks and about 3 years later it is still chugging. I have had to install some things. I have to change the O2 sensor and speed sensor. I also had one CV joint replaced. All in all a good car and this is the second Legacy I have owned. I couldn't complain b/c I got my money's worth.

Wonderful Car
By dpberry on 05/18/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought the car new and 12 year later it's still going strong with 212,000 miles. I kept up oil changes and all scheduled maintenance. Very reliable and can go anywhere. It's just started to have some problems - the ABS light is on and needs sensors replaced. I'm currently in the process of buying a used Subaru Forester with 90,000. I love Subaru reliability and can say with confidence that I will also have one.

Rock Solid
By RU on 01/07/07 16:20 PM (PST)

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

One of the best cars I have owned. Quite, reliable and safe. Bought this 10 year old car and took it on real long drives (~900 miles a day!). The car just starts and runs. Did not spend a dime on anything other oil changes. Decent fuel economy (20/27 city/hwy), stiff handling, good music system. Needs more power and of course better styling. But nothing really bad.