Used 1995 Subaru Legacy LSi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1995 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

300,000 miles and still going
By cavenut

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Well it hit 300,000 miles this year. I converted it to Mobil one full synthetic extended mileage oil from day one. Auto transmission stopped backing up at 250,000 replaced with junk yard transmission which has a strange noise in it, but has held together for the last 80,000 miles. These cars are indestructible. They just rust away. Side note, I drove a 1988 to 480,000 miles, finally rusted in two and couldn't get it through a wv state inspection, or I would still be driving it the 2.2 L engines are the gest Subaru ever made. Bill

Favorite Features

tows my boat

Suggested Improvements

would love to see an on demand 4wd with differential lock like the 88 model had

Nice Car All In All
By Dan

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Really nice car. Handles great. Plowed through 4 feet of snow like nothing. Well built and easy to work on. The awd is better than other subaru's I have driven.

Favorite Features

The doors don't have the window post. More free to open

Darn great car - Original owner
By Subaru2k

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

My Subaru LSi has 200,000 miles on it and I have had no trouble to speak of at all. I have had regular oil, transmission, and gearbox fluid maintenance. The only parts that have been replaced is the starter (very easy to get at) and the alternator (replaced free by dealer due to recall-original worked fine). I have had 5 other second cars in the same timeframe and none compared to overall satisfaction. It's the little car that could and DID!!

Favorite Features

AWD, leather seats (longer life for hi-mileage cars), curve hugging ability for mountain rat racing, few have beat me over the past ten years on RT.211 (Sperryville to Luray VA) mountain road with better cars.

Suggested Improvements

On automatic use semi-manual shift feature to pass cars on Hwy. It's an undocumented feature of the transmission to pull back on shifter when passing for downshifting and getting extra torque boost.

Best Car EVER!
By Gary L.

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car brand new in 1995. Ever since then, this car has saved my life more than once. The car was practically totalled once and yet it still drives like a brand new car with little to no rattling. The car has never let me down in any situation. I live in the Mountain area and it's nice to have a dependable car.

Favorite Features

Classic look. The look of this car is age-less, unlike your American or European cars that only looks good in the showroom but once you drive it for a few years, you begin to learn to hate the look of it. The Subaru is here to stay and it has style!!

Suggested Improvements

The 95 model has some improvements that are already made in the newer models. I will keep my car until the very end. I only wish that it had more power and low-end torque. Besides that, it's the BEST car ever built!!