1995 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
300,000 miles and still going
By cavenut on 09/03/10 03:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Well it hit 300,000 miles this year. I converted it to Mobil one full synthetic extended mileage oil from day one. Auto transmission stopped backing up at 250,000 replaced with junk yard transmission which has a strange noise in it, but has held together for the last 80,000 miles. These cars are indestructible. They just rust away. Side note, I drove a 1988 to 480,000 miles, finally rusted in two and couldn't get it through a wv state inspection, or I would still be driving it the 2.2 L engines are the gest Subaru ever made. Bill

Nice Car All In All
By Dan on 06/20/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

Really nice car. Handles great. Plowed through 4 feet of snow like nothing. Well built and easy to work on. The awd is better than other subaru's I have driven.

Darn great car - Original owner
By Subaru2k on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

My Subaru LSi has 200,000 miles on it and I have had no trouble to speak of at all. I have had regular oil, transmission, and gearbox fluid maintenance. The only parts that have been replaced is the starter (very easy to get at) and the alternator (replaced free by dealer due to recall-original worked fine). I have had 5 other second cars in the same timeframe and none compared to overall satisfaction. It's the little car that could and DID!!

Best Car EVER!
By Gary L. on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car brand new in 1995. Ever since then, this car has saved my life more than once. The car was practically totalled once and yet it still drives like a brand new car with little to no rattling. The car has never let me down in any situation. I live in the Mountain area and it's nice to have a dependable car.