Used 1994 Subaru Legacy L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Subie Has Outdone Herself!
By LoveYouSubie

1994 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

16 yo car w 240,000 miles and just recently we decided to just let her go. It makes me super sad because my parents bought her brand new! New computer in 2005 or so, up until about 2007 there were pretty much NO major problems besides that, other things that have broken since then include some sensors that make the check engine light stay on, brakes more than once, rear struts are completely shot, exhaust needs to be replaced, seat belt mechanism came out of the track, multifunction switch failed after getting a new ignition so the dashboard lights don't work, pass. side window wont roll up without help, rear hatch handle is cracked and breaking. By far the worst thing is the struts.

THE SPACE! Holy cow you can fit a lot in there. Lasted a really long time! She'd keep running if we fixed up all the problems but it's just not worth it to us SORRY SUBIE! <3 We will hopefully give her a new home and a new life with a mechanic. A very good car to learn manual transmission on.

The cup holders and not having a CD player but I know these things have been changed since 1994. :) The Subaru dealership here lost my business in the repairs dept because they tried to deceive me with the "coincidentally unrelated" failure of a switch when my ignition was replaced. BS