Great and roomy workhorse
By Leslie C on
1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon
Love this front-wheel drive wagon! Bought it used in with 13,000 miles and a couple minor dings on it. 15 years later it has 165,000 miles and going strong--a little rust has developed on the outside of the rear wheel wells, but not worth fixing this. Mechanically, I have followed the factory maintenance guidelines and car has had usual repairs and replacements considering its age. Gets about 25 MPG combined city/highway driving and 30 on long expressway driving trips. The mechanics at my Subaru dealership know that I hope to keep this car as my primary vehicle until at least 250,000 miles, so with any luck, it may be the last car I'll ever own. Also love the low taxes on this old car!
Favorite Features
Cup holders pull out from dashboard and slide back in when not in use. The cruise control is easy to use and has kept me from many a speeding ticker, no doubt. Car still has lots of pep and room for lots of stuff even with back seats up. Electric windows and side mirror adjustments convenient.
Suggested Improvements
A front bench seat option would have been nice (mainly as a place to put a purse when another passenger is in front).