1993 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Built to last.

1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

L Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Built to last.
By Gary on

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I just got this car this month and it runs great. It has over 205,000 miles on it and I believe it's the original engine. I put some marine carb cleaner in there (the real good stuff), and four new platinum head plugs and it's now a stud. My car is kind of a Frankenstein. It has a 95 tranny and bits and pieces from other Suburbs. So far so good. Many parts were replaced on this right hand drive model, as rural mail routes, constant starting and stopping, are rough on all cars. I had the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat replaced. The head seals are fine. It goes up hills easily. Surprisingly fast. Faster than my Accord.

Favorite Features

Right hand drive option. Middle shifter. Good cargo room. Foldable seats. Comfortable buckets seats. Good power. Easy to work on for the most part. Smooth on highway. Fun to drive. Four cylinder good on gas with today's high prices.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to get in and out of. Cupholder is over stereo. Too low to the ground. Some spark plugs hard to get at. Loud at idle but smooth. Too many controls on the steering column twisters. Rusts easily. Steering wheel wont lock in up position which is really frustrating for big guys. Inside width.