1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
OUTSTANDING VALUE
By BHUEY on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon AWD

THIS HAS BEEN A VERY FUN CAR TO OWN, IVE NEVER THOUGHT SUBARU'S WHEN I WENT CAR SHOPPING, NOW I WANT ANOTHER ONE ,, GREAT AWD SYSTEM, VERY RELIABLE, WILL RUN FOREVER IF MAINTAINED WELL

LS Wagon
By J_T on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon

Driver side door entry light should be relocated (LS version). It is easily broken by the seat belt metal knuckle when you close the door.

I've LOVED this car!
By sukhar on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

Over the years this has been a great car to drive. I was very impressed when 3 of us took a trip from SF to LA in a fully packed car and got about 31 MPG! Driving up to Lake Tahoe is a breeze even in snow; I've never had to put on chains, because of the AWD. But being a sedan, this is primarily a town car with country pretensions, without being

Excellent Car!
By subiejoe on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan

It is hard to believe that the automobile technology 10 years ago was this good. My legacy has almost 130000 miles and it's still running like new. I still drive this on 300 - 500 mile trip regularly. And I don't get bothered by any kind of weather situations. Love this car!

Subaru
By jfry on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

No problems with the car for the first 100,000 miles except having to replace rear shocks and have the front struts replaced. AC is starting to fade, but car still looks and rides well.

Great car
By Pa2ul on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I've had my 93 AWD wagon for a few years, I've put 45K mile son it. I had not one problem with it until recently the ECU and Ignitor went out. The car died suddenly. The replacement cost was $1900. Over than that expensive problem, the car has been perfectly reliable, safe and a nice care to own.

really great car
By Cathrine on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

great on snow & ice

'93 Legacy L sedan
By John Archer on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legacy used with about 12K mi. on it. It has been very reliable. I had some trouble with the on-board computer at about 60K mi, and that's about all the repair I've had done. My gripe is with the workmanship. I've had an absolutely maddening problem with wind noise on the front driver's side, which the dealership, Hanson Subaru of Olympia, Wash., refused to do anything about For years I lived with it, but it drove me crazy. I finally gave up on the dealer and got it worked on by a body shop. I've also had interior trim pieces fall off for no good reason. I would nevertheless recommend the '93 Legacy for its reliability and performance.

Subaru ALWD
By Jeanette Powell on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon AWD

Ilike because it is allwheel drive and is real easy to handle. We have enjoyed having it for 8years.