1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Overall amazing car!
By brooke01 on 02/07/13 11:59 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon

Mine has about 300k and it's still going! This car actually has more room then the 95-99 legacy wagons. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

amazing
By rlgerow on 04/14/12 20:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon

bought the car in 2009 my first car.i have put 70,000 miles on it,it now has over 350,000 miles on it.i get 28/36 mpg i have done alot to it like struts brake disc all 4 corners new wheel bearings and hubs waterpump timing belt....but it is by far the best car ive owned so far i like it even more than my 2001 outback.i would love to have many more to play with

Mountain Warrior
By Summit Subaru Driver on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon Touring Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

I've owned 2 1993 turbo wagons and truly love the car. The first one did double duty for years. First as a family car for everything from running around town to 5-person ski trips. It was also my work car hauling personnel, linen and cleaning supplies to customers homes/condos in Summit County Colorado. It performing excellent in all aspects. I once had to get 4 workers on deadline to a store and drove the 30 miles from Leadville to Silverthorne over Fremont Pass in 30 minutes. It had snowed 14 inches overnight. The car never gave a hint of instability over the winding, snow-covered road. But, the guy on the hump in the back seat was white as a sheet when we arrived. He'd never seen snow!

Great Mileage
By J.Ringer on 05/09/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I truly do not know why EPA keeps saying 21 MPG. I get 28 in city, 33 on highway. Great car, great ergonomics. It is my first Subaru and will not be my last.

Great and roomy workhorse
By Leslie C on 06/15/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon

Love this front-wheel drive wagon! Bought it used in with 13,000 miles and a couple minor dings on it. 15 years later it has 165,000 miles and going strong--a little rust has developed on the outside of the rear wheel wells, but not worth fixing this. Mechanically, I have followed the factory maintenance guidelines and car has had usual repairs and replacements considering its age. Gets about 25 MPG combined city/highway driving and 30 on long expressway driving trips. The mechanics at my Subaru dealership know that I hope to keep this car as my primary vehicle until at least 250,000 miles, so with any luck, it may be the last car I'll ever own. Also love the low taxes on this old car!

Built to last.
By Gary on 08/09/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I just got this car this month and it runs great. It has over 205,000 miles on it and I believe it's the original engine. I put some marine carb cleaner in there (the real good stuff), and four new platinum head plugs and it's now a stud. My car is kind of a Frankenstein. It has a 95 tranny and bits and pieces from other Suburbs. So far so good. Many parts were replaced on this right hand drive model, as rural mail routes, constant starting and stopping, are rough on all cars. I had the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat replaced. The head seals are fine. It goes up hills easily. Surprisingly fast. Faster than my Accord.

SUPER SUBURU
By Dennis G on 12/30/04 19:12 PM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I purchased my Suburu in 1996. It had some minor body damage and 50,000 when I purchased it. Since then, I have practacally lived in the car. It had 280,000 and still runs strong. Since buying the car I have only had to repair the following : A/C (my fault it quit working); a water pump; and an intake gasket. Of course it has needed tires, brakes, and normal maintenance. I work on the car a lot myself and have never had a problem getting to things. The oil filter and oil drain plug are extremely easy to get to, plugs, plug wire and other maintenance items are a snap to replace. This car was designed with the mechanic in mind. I would love another Suburu when (if) this one ever dies.

I can't believe it's not butter!
By GFitz on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon Touring Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

I just bought a Turbo wagon that has 153,100 mile son it, and whoever had it before took great care of it. My previous car was a '91 Legacy Wagon with 240,000 on it and it is still kickin. These cars are bullet proof and very modable (especially the Turbo Wagon). I love its handling and 160 hp engine as compred to 130 in the normal engine. Their reliability is the only reason I bought one with 153,100 miles. That wind noise is there, but I'll get that taken care of no big deal.

OUTSTANDING VALUE
By BHUEY on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon LS 4dr Wagon AWD

THIS HAS BEEN A VERY FUN CAR TO OWN, IVE NEVER THOUGHT SUBARU'S WHEN I WENT CAR SHOPPING, NOW I WANT ANOTHER ONE ,, GREAT AWD SYSTEM, VERY RELIABLE, WILL RUN FOREVER IF MAINTAINED WELL

LS Wagon
By J_T on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon LS 4dr Wagon

Driver side door entry light should be relocated (LS version). It is easily broken by the seat belt metal knuckle when you close the door.