1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Just Like the Energizer Bunny
By Golfdawg on 03/12/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is like the Energizer bunny - it keeps going and going and going... bought this baby in 1994 with 27,000 miles on it and now it has 235,000+. Still running the original tranny and never had any major repairs, just the standard maintenance, plugs, oil changes, belts, etc. I only drive it a few days a month but it still starts right up even in cold weather. It still has plenty of pep and gets around 26 MPG.

Car is an investment
By DWJKirk on 10/20/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I was in debate to whether or not I should buy/lease a new car or put $600.00 into this one and run it til it gives me another problem or dies. Not buying a new car was the smartest thing I could have done. Saved me a lot of money in the long run. I'm very happy with this car. Problems I've faced in the past few years: rotors needing replaced, brakes, starter and muffler.

Awesome
By Daniel Widenhouse on 07/19/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is the most awesome car ever. I get 32 miles to the gallon around town and even more on the highway. This is a very ergonomic car and very user friendly with good visibility and well placed buttons. More power than a Honda Accord.

good car
By eddie on 06/23/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This may be the best car I've ever owned. 277,392 miles. Bought the car new. Total repair cost since day1: $1,120.00 over 13 years - hard to beat. C/V joints, clutch, 1 timing belt, 3 sets of brakes. Did all labor myself; easy car to keep up. Great car, too bad today it was totaled. People should stop at RED LIGHTS.

Made me a believer
By Azariel on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought My Legacy with 142,000 miles on it. I now have 179,000 and have changed nothing except for the C.V axels. This car keeps on surprising me with its performance and gas mileage. I get about 28 miles to the gallon and I drive hard. I am constantly beating Honda accords and Toyota camrys from the same year. I think I am gonna throw a party for my car when it reaches 200,000 miles

Great Car, Wish It Would Run Forever
By pfcouvar on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Unusual power for such an old and humble car -- excellent acceleration. Crappy clutch, chronic CV boot/axle problems, but otherwise solid as a rock.

My Spectacular Legacy
By Niedro93 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this legacy for about 3 years now. There have been no problems what so ever with the car besides the ones which I caused (accidents). Even still, the repairs were simple and priced well. The legacy is the most fun vehicle Ive ever laid hands on. To own and drive one is an honor.

I've LOVED this car!
By sukhar on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Over the years this has been a great car to drive. I was very impressed when 3 of us took a trip from SF to LA in a fully packed car and got about 31 MPG! Driving up to Lake Tahoe is a breeze even in snow; I've never had to put on chains, because of the AWD. But being a sedan, this is primarily a town car with country pretensions, without being

Subaru
By jfry on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

No problems with the car for the first 100,000 miles except having to replace rear shocks and have the front struts replaced. AC is starting to fade, but car still looks and rides well.

'93 Legacy L sedan
By John Archer on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legacy used with about 12K mi. on it. It has been very reliable. I had some trouble with the on-board computer at about 60K mi, and that's about all the repair I've had done. My gripe is with the workmanship. I've had an absolutely maddening problem with wind noise on the front driver's side, which the dealership, Hanson Subaru of Olympia, Wash., refused to do anything about For years I lived with it, but it drove me crazy. I finally gave up on the dealer and got it worked on by a body shop. I've also had interior trim pieces fall off for no good reason. I would nevertheless recommend the '93 Legacy for its reliability and performance.