Used 1993 Subaru Legacy L Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Just Like the Energizer Bunny
By Golfdawg

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is like the Energizer bunny - it keeps going and going and going... bought this baby in 1994 with 27,000 miles on it and now it has 235,000+. Still running the original tranny and never had any major repairs, just the standard maintenance, plugs, oil changes, belts, etc. I only drive it a few days a month but it still starts right up even in cold weather. It still has plenty of pep and gets around 26 MPG.

Favorite Features

I love the fold down rear seats - great for loading up longer items.

Suggested Improvements

The drink holder is irritating - it blocks the radio. Getting at some of the spark plugs was a pain in the backside.

Car is an investment
By DWJKirk

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I was in debate to whether or not I should buy/lease a new car or put $600.00 into this one and run it til it gives me another problem or dies. Not buying a new car was the smartest thing I could have done. Saved me a lot of money in the long run. I'm very happy with this car. Problems I've faced in the past few years: rotors needing replaced, brakes, starter and muffler.

Favorite Features

None. This car is a box with 4 wheels. It does the job. Nothing special. Has 145,000 miles one it.

Suggested Improvements

N/a

Awesome
By Daniel Widenhouse

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is the most awesome car ever. I get 32 miles to the gallon around town and even more on the highway. This is a very ergonomic car and very user friendly with good visibility and well placed buttons. More power than a Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

Very cold air conditioning.

Suggested Improvements

Change the factory hubcaps. They look like old people hubcaps.

good car
By eddie

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This may be the best car I've ever owned. 277,392 miles. Bought the car new. Total repair cost since day1: $1,120.00 over 13 years - hard to beat. C/V joints, clutch, 1 timing belt, 3 sets of brakes. Did all labor myself; easy car to keep up. Great car, too bad today it was totaled. People should stop at RED LIGHTS.

Favorite Features

Performance.

Suggested Improvements

C/V joints.

Made me a believer
By Azariel

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought My Legacy with 142,000 miles on it. I now have 179,000 and have changed nothing except for the C.V axels. This car keeps on surprising me with its performance and gas mileage. I get about 28 miles to the gallon and I drive hard. I am constantly beating Honda accords and Toyota camrys from the same year. I think I am gonna throw a party for my car when it reaches 200,000 miles

Favorite Features

Engine Pep

Suggested Improvements

The Qulaity of some interior pieces could be better but what can you expect from an 11 year old car