1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
My soob
By Lena on 07/24/09 14:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I've owned it for 14.5 years and it keeps on going. Bought it new in 1995. I've made some repairs. New ABS in 2007, starter, boots, belts, couple of brake jobs, resealed engine seals. All in all a good car and hope I'll have it even longer. I'm tall so the seat leg adjustment at max length is too short with not enough headroom, but I put up with it. Not a very fashionable ride but no car payments! Mileage is about 20-22. Leaky sunroof (repaired once) but not a major problem.

Just Like the Energizer Bunny
By Golfdawg on 03/12/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is like the Energizer bunny - it keeps going and going and going... bought this baby in 1994 with 27,000 miles on it and now it has 235,000+. Still running the original tranny and never had any major repairs, just the standard maintenance, plugs, oil changes, belts, etc. I only drive it a few days a month but it still starts right up even in cold weather. It still has plenty of pep and gets around 26 MPG.

Car is an investment
By DWJKirk on 10/20/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I was in debate to whether or not I should buy/lease a new car or put $600.00 into this one and run it til it gives me another problem or dies. Not buying a new car was the smartest thing I could have done. Saved me a lot of money in the long run. I'm very happy with this car. Problems I've faced in the past few years: rotors needing replaced, brakes, starter and muffler.

Great car to increase mileage
By albee on 08/10/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Car is easy driving and handles good on the road. It's a 4 wheel drive, not awd and is excellent in bad weather conditions or just plain bad dirt roads!

My Used Suberu
By Legacy on 08/29/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

My son gave me his 1993 Subaru Legacy because it would not always start in the cold weather. He had taken it off the road for several years and all I did was put a battery in it and it started right up. It did burn out the fusible link every time I tried to jump start it, and I had to make my own to replace it as no one had one. I still occasionally have a problem starting it in the winter and for no apparent reason, thus the low reliability rating, but it is a fun little car to drive and I like it a lot.

Very good car
By Torontonian on 07/21/07 07:23 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Love this car. Bought it for 5000 CAD with 150 k km on it in 2003. 240 k now. Loves gas. Still runs better than a new Toyota Echo. The ABS went two years ago while fighting snow to go to work. I don't feel I want it back. Two accidents, one my fault, the others were totaled. I got a light pop out first time and the other light broken on the seccond. And scratches. Even the cops were in awe to see the car is drivable, not to mention he other drivers. Otherwise, I take almost good care of it. Changed both fenders. A garage put me a rebuilt water pump. Went in one year. I bought a new one and installed at home on the driveway. Easy to work on it compared to others. I'll keep it till the end.

Tough overall, some weak points
By martes on 04/10/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Got it used from a friend back in 2000 with 78K miles, now has 152 k on it. Great engine, no problem tranny, fantastic ignition, never failed to start in coldest Chicago and Boston winters, nor does it fail in the hot humid Miami summers. Drive 500 miles a week, including nonstop 160 mile trips. Nice smooth ride. Okay, problems - ABS unit cracked back in 2002. Slow leak of brake fluid requires refilling either every week or once a month. CV joints chronic. Other stuff maintenance based.

Awesome
By Daniel Widenhouse on 07/19/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is the most awesome car ever. I get 32 miles to the gallon around town and even more on the highway. This is a very ergonomic car and very user friendly with good visibility and well placed buttons. More power than a Honda Accord.

good car
By eddie on 06/23/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This may be the best car I've ever owned. 277,392 miles. Bought the car new. Total repair cost since day1: $1,120.00 over 13 years - hard to beat. C/V joints, clutch, 1 timing belt, 3 sets of brakes. Did all labor myself; easy car to keep up. Great car, too bad today it was totaled. People should stop at RED LIGHTS.

Made me a believer
By Azariel on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought My Legacy with 142,000 miles on it. I now have 179,000 and have changed nothing except for the C.V axels. This car keeps on surprising me with its performance and gas mileage. I get about 28 miles to the gallon and I drive hard. I am constantly beating Honda accords and Toyota camrys from the same year. I think I am gonna throw a party for my car when it reaches 200,000 miles