Used 1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

My soob
By Lena

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I've owned it for 14.5 years and it keeps on going. Bought it new in 1995. I've made some repairs. New ABS in 2007, starter, boots, belts, couple of brake jobs, resealed engine seals. All in all a good car and hope I'll have it even longer. I'm tall so the seat leg adjustment at max length is too short with not enough headroom, but I put up with it. Not a very fashionable ride but no car payments! Mileage is about 20-22. Leaky sunroof (repaired once) but not a major problem.

Favorite Features

Quiet, compared to other vehicles like it. Turning radius is great. Great handling. Great factory sound system. Was hit by another driver, in an accident and it took the front impact very well.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom. More legroom for driver. Bigger cup holders. Fluid rotating head sun visor. Better water drainage. Need a Subaru hybrid! (my next car)

Just Like the Energizer Bunny
By Golfdawg

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is like the Energizer bunny - it keeps going and going and going... bought this baby in 1994 with 27,000 miles on it and now it has 235,000+. Still running the original tranny and never had any major repairs, just the standard maintenance, plugs, oil changes, belts, etc. I only drive it a few days a month but it still starts right up even in cold weather. It still has plenty of pep and gets around 26 MPG.

Favorite Features

I love the fold down rear seats - great for loading up longer items.

Suggested Improvements

The drink holder is irritating - it blocks the radio. Getting at some of the spark plugs was a pain in the backside.

Car is an investment
By DWJKirk

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I was in debate to whether or not I should buy/lease a new car or put $600.00 into this one and run it til it gives me another problem or dies. Not buying a new car was the smartest thing I could have done. Saved me a lot of money in the long run. I'm very happy with this car. Problems I've faced in the past few years: rotors needing replaced, brakes, starter and muffler.

Favorite Features

None. This car is a box with 4 wheels. It does the job. Nothing special. Has 145,000 miles one it.

Suggested Improvements

N/a

Great car to increase mileage
By albee

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Car is easy driving and handles good on the road. It's a 4 wheel drive, not awd and is excellent in bad weather conditions or just plain bad dirt roads!

Favorite Features

four wheel drive is my favorite stock feature but the car can be "fixed" to get great gas mileage easily! Mine gets 50.91 on the highway! fifty...no misprint, really.

Suggested Improvements

water vaporizer bottle--hydrogen bottle--special gas additive-- pcv "filter" = 50.91

My Used Suberu
By Legacy

1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

My son gave me his 1993 Subaru Legacy because it would not always start in the cold weather. He had taken it off the road for several years and all I did was put a battery in it and it started right up. It did burn out the fusible link every time I tried to jump start it, and I had to make my own to replace it as no one had one. I still occasionally have a problem starting it in the winter and for no apparent reason, thus the low reliability rating, but it is a fun little car to drive and I like it a lot.

Favorite Features

I like its initial acceleration, it shifts smoothly, steers like a sports car and it comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I realize that it is not a new car by any means, but I am starting to have trouble with the door locks.