Used 1993 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1993 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Overall amazing car!
By brooke01

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

Mine has about 300k and it's still going! This car actually has more room then the 95-99 legacy wagons. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

None that i can recall

amazing
By rlgerow

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

bought the car in 2009 my first car.i have put 70,000 miles on it,it now has over 350,000 miles on it.i get 28/36 mpg i have done alot to it like struts brake disc all 4 corners new wheel bearings and hubs waterpump timing belt....but it is by far the best car ive owned so far i like it even more than my 2001 outback.i would love to have many more to play with

Mountain Warrior
By Summit Subaru Driver

1993 Subaru Legacy Touring Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

I've owned 2 1993 turbo wagons and truly love the car. The first one did double duty for years. First as a family car for everything from running around town to 5-person ski trips. It was also my work car hauling personnel, linen and cleaning supplies to customers homes/condos in Summit County Colorado. It performing excellent in all aspects. I once had to get 4 workers on deadline to a store and drove the 30 miles from Leadville to Silverthorne over Fremont Pass in 30 minutes. It had snowed 14 inches overnight. The car never gave a hint of instability over the winding, snow-covered road. But, the guy on the hump in the back seat was white as a sheet when we arrived. He'd never seen snow!

Favorite Features

Stability, power, performance, guts.

Suggested Improvements

Front seats too hard, cargo cover plastic clips break.

Great Mileage
By J.Ringer

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I truly do not know why EPA keeps saying 21 MPG. I get 28 in city, 33 on highway. Great car, great ergonomics. It is my first Subaru and will not be my last.

Favorite Features

MPG, reliability of parts, engine.

My soob
By Lena

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I've owned it for 14.5 years and it keeps on going. Bought it new in 1995. I've made some repairs. New ABS in 2007, starter, boots, belts, couple of brake jobs, resealed engine seals. All in all a good car and hope I'll have it even longer. I'm tall so the seat leg adjustment at max length is too short with not enough headroom, but I put up with it. Not a very fashionable ride but no car payments! Mileage is about 20-22. Leaky sunroof (repaired once) but not a major problem.

Favorite Features

Quiet, compared to other vehicles like it. Turning radius is great. Great handling. Great factory sound system. Was hit by another driver, in an accident and it took the front impact very well.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom. More legroom for driver. Bigger cup holders. Fluid rotating head sun visor. Better water drainage. Need a Subaru hybrid! (my next car)