1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Overall amazing car!
By brooke01 on 02/07/13 11:59 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

Mine has about 300k and it's still going! This car actually has more room then the 95-99 legacy wagons. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

amazing
By rlgerow on 04/14/12 20:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

bought the car in 2009 my first car.i have put 70,000 miles on it,it now has over 350,000 miles on it.i get 28/36 mpg i have done alot to it like struts brake disc all 4 corners new wheel bearings and hubs waterpump timing belt....but it is by far the best car ive owned so far i like it even more than my 2001 outback.i would love to have many more to play with

Mountain Warrior
By Summit Subaru Driver on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy Touring Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

I've owned 2 1993 turbo wagons and truly love the car. The first one did double duty for years. First as a family car for everything from running around town to 5-person ski trips. It was also my work car hauling personnel, linen and cleaning supplies to customers homes/condos in Summit County Colorado. It performing excellent in all aspects. I once had to get 4 workers on deadline to a store and drove the 30 miles from Leadville to Silverthorne over Fremont Pass in 30 minutes. It had snowed 14 inches overnight. The car never gave a hint of instability over the winding, snow-covered road. But, the guy on the hump in the back seat was white as a sheet when we arrived. He'd never seen snow!

Great Mileage
By J.Ringer on 05/09/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I truly do not know why EPA keeps saying 21 MPG. I get 28 in city, 33 on highway. Great car, great ergonomics. It is my first Subaru and will not be my last.

My soob
By Lena on 07/24/09 14:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I've owned it for 14.5 years and it keeps on going. Bought it new in 1995. I've made some repairs. New ABS in 2007, starter, boots, belts, couple of brake jobs, resealed engine seals. All in all a good car and hope I'll have it even longer. I'm tall so the seat leg adjustment at max length is too short with not enough headroom, but I put up with it. Not a very fashionable ride but no car payments! Mileage is about 20-22. Leaky sunroof (repaired once) but not a major problem.

Just Like the Energizer Bunny
By Golfdawg on 03/12/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

This car is like the Energizer bunny - it keeps going and going and going... bought this baby in 1994 with 27,000 miles on it and now it has 235,000+. Still running the original tranny and never had any major repairs, just the standard maintenance, plugs, oil changes, belts, etc. I only drive it a few days a month but it still starts right up even in cold weather. It still has plenty of pep and gets around 26 MPG.

Car is an investment
By DWJKirk on 10/20/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

I was in debate to whether or not I should buy/lease a new car or put $600.00 into this one and run it til it gives me another problem or dies. Not buying a new car was the smartest thing I could have done. Saved me a lot of money in the long run. I'm very happy with this car. Problems I've faced in the past few years: rotors needing replaced, brakes, starter and muffler.

Great car to increase mileage
By albee on 08/10/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan AWD

Car is easy driving and handles good on the road. It's a 4 wheel drive, not awd and is excellent in bad weather conditions or just plain bad dirt roads!

Great and roomy workhorse
By Leslie C on 06/15/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

Love this front-wheel drive wagon! Bought it used in with 13,000 miles and a couple minor dings on it. 15 years later it has 165,000 miles and going strong--a little rust has developed on the outside of the rear wheel wells, but not worth fixing this. Mechanically, I have followed the factory maintenance guidelines and car has had usual repairs and replacements considering its age. Gets about 25 MPG combined city/highway driving and 30 on long expressway driving trips. The mechanics at my Subaru dealership know that I hope to keep this car as my primary vehicle until at least 250,000 miles, so with any luck, it may be the last car I'll ever own. Also love the low taxes on this old car!

My Used Suberu
By Legacy on 08/29/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Legacy LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

My son gave me his 1993 Subaru Legacy because it would not always start in the cold weather. He had taken it off the road for several years and all I did was put a battery in it and it started right up. It did burn out the fusible link every time I tried to jump start it, and I had to make my own to replace it as no one had one. I still occasionally have a problem starting it in the winter and for no apparent reason, thus the low reliability rating, but it is a fun little car to drive and I like it a lot.