Used 1993 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1993 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Most Helpful|
Great Car, Wish It Would Run Forever
By pfcouvar

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

Unusual power for such an old and humble car -- excellent acceleration. Crappy clutch, chronic CV boot/axle problems, but otherwise solid as a rock.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, engine reliability.

Suggested Improvements

A clutch that lasts longer than 3-4 years.

'93 Legacy L sedan
By John Archer

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Legacy used with about 12K mi. on it. It has been very reliable. I had some trouble with the on-board computer at about 60K mi, and that's about all the repair I've had done. My gripe is with the workmanship. I've had an absolutely maddening problem with wind noise on the front driver's side, which the dealership, Hanson Subaru of Olympia, Wash., refused to do anything about For years I lived with it, but it drove me crazy. I finally gave up on the dealer and got it worked on by a body shop. I've also had interior trim pieces fall off for no good reason. I would nevertheless recommend the '93 Legacy for its reliability and performance.

Favorite Features

The horizontally aligned 4 is a great engine. Can't kill it. The ride is a little firm but very stable. Seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Better workmanship to avoid the small but annoying problems I've had.

Great car
By Pa2ul

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon AWD

I've had my 93 AWD wagon for a few years, I've put 45K mile son it. I had not one problem with it until recently the ECU and Ignitor went out. The car died suddenly. The replacement cost was $1900. Over than that expensive problem, the car has been perfectly reliable, safe and a nice care to own.

Favorite Features

Subaru's hold up VERY well in accidents because they are so heavy. AWD in the mountains.

Suggested Improvements

More engine power please.

Car is an investment
By DWJKirk

1993 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

I was in debate to whether or not I should buy/lease a new car or put $600.00 into this one and run it til it gives me another problem or dies. Not buying a new car was the smartest thing I could have done. Saved me a lot of money in the long run. I'm very happy with this car. Problems I've faced in the past few years: rotors needing replaced, brakes, starter and muffler.

Favorite Features

None. This car is a box with 4 wheels. It does the job. Nothing special. Has 145,000 miles one it.

Suggested Improvements

N/a

My soob
By Lena

1993 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car. I've owned it for 14.5 years and it keeps on going. Bought it new in 1995. I've made some repairs. New ABS in 2007, starter, boots, belts, couple of brake jobs, resealed engine seals. All in all a good car and hope I'll have it even longer. I'm tall so the seat leg adjustment at max length is too short with not enough headroom, but I put up with it. Not a very fashionable ride but no car payments! Mileage is about 20-22. Leaky sunroof (repaired once) but not a major problem.

Favorite Features

Quiet, compared to other vehicles like it. Turning radius is great. Great handling. Great factory sound system. Was hit by another driver, in an accident and it took the front impact very well.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom. More legroom for driver. Bigger cup holders. Fluid rotating head sun visor. Better water drainage. Need a Subaru hybrid! (my next car)