1992 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: You gotta have one!

1992 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

L Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

You gotta have one!
By S. Faber on

1992 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

This car has never let me down! It has fabulous handling in all weather. Has 220,000 miles and still only uses maybe 1 quart of oil per year. Had to replace struts after 180,000 miles and CV joints after 200,000 and all four brake drums. Still peppy as ever! Fan went out in the interior after 175,000. But all doors and windows still work perfectly and close well. Cloth interior still looking as good as new, very little wear. Gas mileage 26 and still holding. Automatic seat belt on passenger side went out after 175,000. Minor stuff! A fabulous car, it spoiled me! A easy car to work on and things are easy to get to.

I loved its peppy ride and the all wheel drive; I couldn't get stuck even when I tried. It was so maintenance free I am still amazed at the number of miles and I barely have to even check the oil. It handles great even up hills and still maintains its powerful ride.

I don't have but one improvement suggestion, and that would be to move the cup holders out of the way of the tape deck. It truly is a fantastically designed car.