New opinion of foreign cars!
By Frank on
1992 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon
I used to believe all foreign cars were junk. But i got this car for 700 out of desperation and could not be happier. Every time i go to do some work on it i am impressed with it's design. It is pushing 200,000 miles and the engine sounds great. I am incredibly impressed with the power that it's small 2.2 and automatic transmission have, and it is easy to control. I am getting around 25 mpg which is very impressive. Engine is small and very easy to work on (i pulled the crank pulley with out removing anything but the belts). It starts right away and will run all day long perfectly happy. I have even had the car loaded down with 5 full grown adults and i couldn't even tell. Very happy!
Favorite Features
Everything seems to have a back-up. Engine is easy to work on. Computer can tell when you want to put the peddle down and adjusts the engine and transmission for added power. minimal rust on under-body (was undercoated). Also fuel pump is accessible through cabin.
Suggested Improvements
As everyone says, cup holders. body panels are rusting away, and a weird quark where the front doors unlock when closed. Also keep an eye on crank pulley. mine somehow started to wobble and damage itself. and the scissor jack is kind of scary, but it works