1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
The best little car I've owned yet.
By G. on 03/03/07 20:42 PM (PST)

1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought my Subaru used back in 2002 with a little over 100k miles on it, drove it to about 170k miles. It never left me stranded on the side of the road, and only required basic maintenance - water pump @ 125k, a couple CV joints, plugs and wires @ 150k, alternator and battery @ 160k. I just sold it - and made back half what I paid for it 5 years ago. Yearly, I probably spent about $300-$500 on maintenance, which is excellent for a 10-16 year old vehicle. I absolutely got my money's worth on this car - and then some.

Never Let Me Down!
By John A on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Bought new in '92 Have put on 182000 miles. Still original clutch! Still original exhaust system. Only work I ever needed was axles, just replaced struts at 179K and alternator at 181K. I couldn't ask for more out of this car. Engine & Trans still operate perfectly. I've never done an easier oil change than this car, everything is super accessible

Subaru's ROCK!
By ryleynoyes on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This thing will not die, I swear. I have 191,000 miles on it, and the engine is running absolutly perfect. I've changed both front CV joints, and the transmission is getting a little out of sync or something like that (doesn't shift into reverse as fast as it used to). I also love how it doesn't have a speed limiter/speed cut out (not naming how fast it's gone for legal reasons :D)

You Just Can't Kill This Thing!
By Scott P. on 03/06/02 15:10 PM (PST)

1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

With over 200,000 miles, my Legacy runs like a champ! I have replaced: - CV joints twice - front and rear struts - the clutch twice - the alternator twice - shocks once It handles well in snow, the engine doesn't "click", the doors close with a solid "chunk", I now 29 mpg Very little surface rust and the paint still looks good. It's not the sharpest car in the parking lot but it's been paid for for a LONG time and it still runs like a champ!