Bullet Proof
By StealthATK on
1991 Subaru Legacy Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD
I've owned my Legacy for approximately 4 years while it's been in my family for 10. The car has been in 3 major accidents with no injuries to us and THAT is no accident. The car is a tank, reliable, and intelligently designed. My only complaint is that it's a gas pig for a 4 cyl. I drive the car as if it were stolen and have owned many other (much newer and "more sophisticated") cars and nothing touches this thing for stability and handling. The car is sure footed and agile, whatever the situation. The turbo provides ample power, and drive train distributes power evenly. I am the envy of all my friends.
Favorite Features
All wheel drive (Canadian winters make one truly appreciate), good power from turbo, fantastic handling. The interior is of good quality and the car feels sturdy and well built. The fit and finish is fantastic.
Suggested Improvements
I wish there were something I could do about the poor fuel economy (besides not being a lead foot). I doubt I've ever broken 30 MPG on this 4 cylinder, and I would dare to bet my average is low 20's. The cup holder is small and in a stupid spot.