A tank
By raywood1 on
1991 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon
I bought this 1991 Subaru legacy wagon with 5 speed manual transmission from the original owner 13 years ago. It now has 247,000 miles on it. It runs great. Most repairs have been normal maintenance. The biggest issue now is that it barely made it through DEQ last year. Too much CO. Next year may be it. Oh, and yes, gas mileage is pretty bad if all you do is drive traffic light to traffic light. That produces 15 mpg when I do that. But usually I get 19 in mixed, mostly city, driving, and 30 on the freeway at 60 mpg. There are lots of SUV's out there but very few Japanese station wagons being made any more. I'm keeping this one until it blows up. Or flunks DEQ.
Favorite Features
The overall size is small, but it has ample room for 5 adults. Back seat has good leg room, even with the front seats pushed all the way back.
Suggested Improvements
Mine requires premium, for some reason. Other people with this model run regular. Do not expect to blow somebody off the line at a traffic light. Going up mountains with any kind of load you may end up in 3rd gear. Power is not its forte.