Used 1991 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Bullet Proof
By StealthATK

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I've owned my Legacy for approximately 4 years while it's been in my family for 10. The car has been in 3 major accidents with no injuries to us and THAT is no accident. The car is a tank, reliable, and intelligently designed. My only complaint is that it's a gas pig for a 4 cyl. I drive the car as if it were stolen and have owned many other (much newer and "more sophisticated") cars and nothing touches this thing for stability and handling. The car is sure footed and agile, whatever the situation. The turbo provides ample power, and drive train distributes power evenly. I am the envy of all my friends.

All wheel drive (Canadian winters make one truly appreciate), good power from turbo, fantastic handling. The interior is of good quality and the car feels sturdy and well built. The fit and finish is fantastic.

I wish there were something I could do about the poor fuel economy (besides not being a lead foot). I doubt I've ever broken 30 MPG on this 4 cylinder, and I would dare to bet my average is low 20's. The cup holder is small and in a stupid spot.

Unbelievable
By spurlicke04

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I had been wanting a Subaru for quite a while when I found this one. I got it for $500!! The amazing thing about this car is that the guy who had it before me hadn't changed the oil in 4 years, and it was still his daily driver. When I found it there were no fluids in it at all. No gas, powersteering, coolant, oil, trans fluid, no nothing. This guy told me that he was determined to drive it til the wheels fell off and didn't think that it was worth the money to change the oil. It was a little shaky at first. It was almost like I was bringing the car back out of a 4 year coma. Now it runs very strong. It doesn't look like much, but I shocked the hell out of a v8 mustang recently.

This car is unbreakable. It's fast, responsive, handles like no other. Very cool auto trans (read about it). I feel that I can do anything with it. I plan on getting another car soon so I think I'm gonna strip this one down and put a roll cage in it to make the world's best go cart. lol

This car was made back when gas was $1 a gallon, so fuel economy wasn't a big concern. The absolute worst place to put a cup holder. Seriously subaru...

Fast, reliable,smooth w/ great handling
By RioRed

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I have always been looking for a Subaru, but didn't seriously look for one until last year. Luckily I stumbled upon the Sport sedan. I didn't know these cars existed. What a great and rare find. This car also had a 5 speed tranny. I can get anywhere no matter what the weather. Too bad these were only made between 1991-1994. If you can find one, I would highly recommend you buy it. This car is so much fun to drive and with the turbo which is standard, I never lack for power. AWD and ABS, how can you go wrong.

Engine, suspension, handling, smooth and powerful ride

Better cupholder position

Sport Sedan (Turbo)
By subaruturbozz

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Very fun and and fast. For the Turbo model only the block is of a closed- deck design, ideal for high-boost applications. The crank and rods are forged, while the pistons are cast. The Sport Sedan version usualy does not have a rust problem. Iím up north and have no rust what so ever. One of the reasons for that is the Sport Sedan version has galvanized Steel panels. Also Not only is it AWD with ABS it has a 3.90 Limited Slip Differential in the rear. Itís a very Unique car.

Turbo, AWD