1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
my subaru legacy
By mttnln on 03/08/11 19:08 PM (PST)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

this car is wonderful, i have 157,000 miles on her, and just untill recently i have only had to put money into it for various little things, and one decent sized problem ( the boot on the axel). I am very pleased with this car, it is very relaible and comfortable. it is very safe and feels sturdy, i bought it for 1700 dollars and i think it was a good deal concidering theres no payment and how good it runs and how long they will last!.. if anyone has reviews on how it does on long road trips, email me or whatever they do on this site

Bullet Proof
By StealthATK on 12/18/09 15:05 PM (PST)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I've owned my Legacy for approximately 4 years while it's been in my family for 10. The car has been in 3 major accidents with no injuries to us and THAT is no accident. The car is a tank, reliable, and intelligently designed. My only complaint is that it's a gas pig for a 4 cyl. I drive the car as if it were stolen and have owned many other (much newer and "more sophisticated") cars and nothing touches this thing for stability and handling. The car is sure footed and agile, whatever the situation. The turbo provides ample power, and drive train distributes power evenly. I am the envy of all my friends.

Loved my Suby
By bullshartist on 10/07/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I loved this car... finally sold it because it seemed like it was having transmission problems @ 172000 miles -- later found out it was probably just a clogged filter. Only FWD Subaru I have ever seen, but it handled in snow and ice beautifully -- and I live in Alaska. A very steady ride, power everything. I did have to make some repairs -- alternator, both CV joints, rubber door gaskets, new struts, sun visor on driver's side. However, NEVER any engine problems. Always started. Left it parked in -20 degrees for 2 weeks and it still started. It had lots of heart.

unbreakable japanese car
By jhalan777 on 11/15/07 09:59 AM (PST)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car with over 250,000+ miles on it, and despite some idle issues that I have just now been able to handle this car just wont quit, its too ugly to sell, I use it as a back up car, but it starts and drives, despite only running on two cylinders for the last six months!

Unbelievable
By spurlicke04 on 10/12/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I had been wanting a Subaru for quite a while when I found this one. I got it for $500!! The amazing thing about this car is that the guy who had it before me hadn't changed the oil in 4 years, and it was still his daily driver. When I found it there were no fluids in it at all. No gas, powersteering, coolant, oil, trans fluid, no nothing. This guy told me that he was determined to drive it til the wheels fell off and didn't think that it was worth the money to change the oil. It was a little shaky at first. It was almost like I was bringing the car back out of a 4 year coma. Now it runs very strong. It doesn't look like much, but I shocked the hell out of a v8 mustang recently.

Fast, reliable,smooth w/ great handling
By RioRed on 01/24/05 04:52 AM (PST)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

I have always been looking for a Subaru, but didn't seriously look for one until last year. Luckily I stumbled upon the Sport sedan. I didn't know these cars existed. What a great and rare find. This car also had a 5 speed tranny. I can get anywhere no matter what the weather. Too bad these were only made between 1991-1994. If you can find one, I would highly recommend you buy it. This car is so much fun to drive and with the turbo which is standard, I never lack for power. AWD and ABS, how can you go wrong.

Great 2nd hand car
By gough_1200 on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as the second owner. Has had no mechanical problems. Responds very well, no slugishness when first taking off. The previous owner kept all paper work for maintenance to this vehicle. Oil changes right on time, had engine parts checked on and replaced as needed (such as hoses, clamps,etc.) Performance is very good, as is the reliability.

Sport Sedan (Turbo)
By subaruturbozz on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Subaru Legacy Sedan Sport Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD

Very fun and and fast. For the Turbo model only the block is of a closed- deck design, ideal for high-boost applications. The crank and rods are forged, while the pistons are cast. The Sport Sedan version usualy does not have a rust problem. I’m up north and have no rust what so ever. One of the reasons for that is the Sport Sedan version has galvanized Steel panels. Also Not only is it AWD with ABS it has a 3.90 Limited Slip Differential in the rear. It’s a very Unique car.