This car is a dog
By jdcinbend on
1990 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon AWD
This is the worst car I have ever owned. Sure, we bought it 10 years old, but it took the dealer three months to deliver before he could sort the tranny problems. The electric door locks winked out first. Then the air suspension bottomed out -- a $1500 bill to replace with less comfortable struts. Now it has developed another personality problem in its electrical system ... won't start, unless it's sitting in the mechanic's lot. Finally died altogether yesterday, the day I traded it for a Dodge (!) Intrepid -- for the reliability! This thing is a shame to the legend of Japanese automotive excellence -- avoid it. It'll cost me another $400 just to get rid of it. Buy a Toyota - wish I had.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats. Nice pep in the low range -- quite a bit better than the newer Outbacks.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holders that drape over the stereo and heater/AC controls are a disgrace. So is the clunky electric door lock system. Ergonomics-R-Not-Us at Subaru. The ridiculous air suspension system, fortunately, is long gone.