1990 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: loved that car

1990 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

L Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

loved that car
By subie fan on

1990 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Sedan

My 90 Legacy sedan was the best, most reliable car I have ever owned.Orginally purchased 2nd hand with 110,000 on it, it never needed any engine work, and other than cv joints, it took only regular maintence to get 30 mpg with 258,000 mi.on it. Living in the mountains, I found the power of the engine with the 5 sp manual trans. very good. When my spouse overheated it and cracked the sleeve on cylinder 1 , I almost cried. If the car wouldn't have been starting to rust out, I would have replaced the engine. Sadly I had to part with the Legacy and am still trying to find something as good as it was to replace it.

engine power and response, reliability, ease of repairing( good job Subaru engineers)power accessories, durability

stop them from rusting out, better radios, antennae design( get it out of the A pillar) interior trim, redesign the CV joints!!!( easy to replaced but not every 50,000 mi)