Pretty Dependable Car
By chrissy70 on
1990 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan
I've owned my Subaru for almost 6 months so far. The only major issue I had with it was the alternator needed replacing. Cost me $300 to fix, but I purchased a 6 mo./7,500 mile extended warranty with the car, so I was reimbursed by the company. This car drives very smooth, but gas mileage is not that great for a 4 cylinder. My Chevy Corsica ('91) gets much better gas mileage and it has the exact same size 2.2 motor! Handles pretty well. This car has no rust on it whatsoever! The paint holds up really well and it's had no accidents. I plan on trading it in or selling it outright come tax time. I recommend these cars to anyone looking for reliability and comfort.
Favorite Features
Roomy, (interior and trunk space) comfort, engine reliability, quiet-running car, starts every time, power moonroof, nice interior and outer color (light blue), I like many features on this car - not enough room for everything!! Love the strong-running engine and the reputations on these are great.
Suggested Improvements
Better cv axle boot quality (they wear out too fast), cd player should be standard on these models, longer lasting alternators, cupholders above the radio is just asking for trouble! (better location) too much body roll, whiny, sloppy transmission, are brake rotors really necessary on the rear?!