A Pleasure To Own
By Krissy on
1990 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Sedan
I purchased my Suzy 3/1/2007 with only 129,000 miles and for a 17 year- old car back then, only 3 needed repairs, I consider excellent! An alternator, driver side cv joint and a front (passenger side) wheel bearing! Almost a year and a 1/2 later and the one repair needed is a wheel bearing in the rear on passenger side! These engines are indestructible! Bulletproof motor and a very reputable and durable car. I highly recommend these cars for anyone in need of cheap, dependable transportation. One thing: these cars for some unknown reason are pretty bad with gas mileage. I also own a '91 Chevy Corsica with the same size motor (2.2 4 cylinder)and the Chevy holds gas a bit better.
Favorite Features
Everything! I love my power moonroof, lots of interior room, extreme seat comfort, lots of trunk room, nice soft suspension, bulletproof engine, paint lasts forever! After an accident I had, still runs/drives beautifully! Purrs like a kitten-will never get rid of until/unless she or I die first!
Suggested Improvements
Longer lasting cv joints and power window motors, a stronger a/c and make these transmissions quiet instead of whiny, noisy and sluggish-1st gear is a bit jerky- no problems, though.